KX3 Issue

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
AE4RM
Novice Class

KX3 Issue

Post by AE4RM »

I am having an issue with Log4OM and the KX3. It happens going directly to KX3 or using Win4k3 with Onmirig.

Here is the issue. I click the spot. The mode changes. Then the frequency changes, but the mode will change back to the last mode used on that band. I talked to the developer of Win4k3 about this and he sent me the following...

Try it direct. Not through Win4K3. As long as you are on the same band, mode changes will work. However if you change bands by clicking on a spot that is in a different band and mode, it will not work. It will pick up the previous mode that was set on that band.
Why?
What happens is that when you click on a spot, Log4OM changes the mode FIRST then changes the frequency. This is fine on the same band, however when you change bands, the mode is first changing on the band you are on then when the frequency changes (i.e. you move to a new frequency on a NEW band) it will pick up whatever mode was there before.

Here is a typical response to a spot click when I am already at 7180 for example:

MD7; Change mode to CW-R
FA00014044000; Change frequency
IF; Get information
IF00007145000 -000000 0001000021 ; Response frequency = 7145 kHz mode is LSB.

This is exactly as captured by a serial port sniffer.

Is there something we can do about this? It sounds like a relativlly simple fix, just change the order from mode/freq to freq/mode?

I love the software but this drives me nuts somethings. I'm sure a lot of other KX3 users would be happy as well.

Thanks,
Roger Meadows
AE4RM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: KX3 Issue

Post by KI5IO »

Roger,

Look at the bat file you are using for the KX3 that is used by OmniRig.

Some tweaks in that file (be sure to save original) should cover it. Many of us have made some tweaks with the bat file we use for our K3 and K3S rigs.

Sometimes it is a limitation of OmniRig as well. I usually have to tap a spot twice to get the frequency first changed then again to set the mode.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
AE4RM
Novice Class

Post by AE4RM »

I've made all the documented tweaks and still have an issue.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

AE4RM wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 14:09 I've made all the documented tweaks and still have an issue.
We are dealing with this issue direct with AE4RM
73 Terry G4POP