Outbound connection example (UDP) ?

Regarding connecting to external program's.
dk3dua
Novice Class

Outbound connection example (UDP) ?

Post by dk3dua »

Hello,

fist of all I don't know if I understand the concept:

Outbound UDP means every single QSO added in Log4OM is sent to an external UDP socket, and I can receive it ? Is there any example ?
If I change or delete a QSO in Log4OM, do I also get a UDP packet so that I can see what was changed/deleted ?
Or, as a general question, what is the best way to synchronize Log4OM database content with external program ? I know there are MySQL sync tools, would it be the best way to use MySQL and just sync the Log4OM datbase (master) with external MySQL database (client) ?

BTW, I start Log4OM as Administrator (Win 8.1) i see "Log4OM communicator is active" and also some entries in activiry log, but all Communicator settings, inbound or outbound, are grey and I can not change or configure the options.

Same question for Inbound, how can I add QSO with UDP packet, is there an example ?

pse help, tnx and vy73
Thomas
DK3DUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Outbound connection example (UDP) ?

Post by G4POP »

Again what are you trying to do?

The communicator settings are greyed out while the communicator is running - Stop the communicator to adjust settings

Read our user guide and watch our YouTube video tutorials for more information please
73 Terry G4POP
dk3dua
Novice Class

Post by dk3dua »

Hello,

for inbound udp I found the info here
viewtopic.php?t=2340#p13697
so to add a QSO into Log4OM (from a custom self-made application) I have to send a packet starting with ADD and then the ADIF record.
I only found this info in forum, not in doc (PDF-File coming with Log4OM).

And as far as I understood Log4OM, an outbound UDP connection to add a QSO entered in Log4OM to an external (custom) program is not possible. There are some predefined, fixed interfaces to Clublog etc., but no general purpose interface (using UDP). So to sync Log4OM data with other than the predefined external programs, maybe a sync of SQLite or MySQL database can be used.

Yes thank you , of course after stopping communicator watching ADIF file for import is possible, but only for one file. But it's no problem to rename all external files to one common name/path.

Yes I'll have to read all doc and related forum posts and also YouTube videos. Log4OM is a great software, I'll try to migrate from Swisslog and also sync with my own Log/Cluster analyzing software, step after step.

vy73
Thomas
DK3DUA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Thomas
UDP broadcast is possible to implement, but not implemented due "lack of interest" by anyone :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
dk3dua
Novice Class

Post by dk3dua »

I'll sync direct with SQLite database, no problem, it's only for personal use.