QSL Management

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
N0AV
Novice Class

QSL Management

Post by N0AV »

I'd like to see the QSL label printing process be a little more straightforward. When answering bureau cards one has to highlight and save twice to enter cards and tag the entry for label printing. Maybe a QSL reply function that confirms the QSO in the log and adds it to the label list?? As it is now there are many keystrokes involved and with lots of cards to answer this can get quite time consuming. The ability to sort labels by prefix would help with bureau cards as well. On the subject of QSL labels could the time be printed in 24 hour format? Or at least put "UTC" on the label instead of time? Just my two cents.....Log4OM fills my needs quite well!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Management

Post by G4POP »

Hi ??

Could you explain step by step how you are dealing with cards, I think I can help you streamline the process and if so I will document it in the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
N0AV
Novice Class

Post by N0AV »

Terry,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay but I have been at work all day. When answering bureau cards I go to QSL Management, select QSL and type in the callsign of the card I am going to answer. Then I fill in the four boxes, QSL sent, sent via, QSL received and received via. Then I highlight the QSO to confirm and QSL and save by clicking the two save buttons...after completing all the qsos I move on to the label printing. It all works well but I have used several other programs that allow you to highlight the qso and click "reply" This one click confirms the receipt of the station's QSL card and adds the QSO to the list of labels to be printed. Now, there is probably a quicker way in Log4OM but I have not seen it in the manual.

Thanks,

Jim N0AV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N0AV wrote:I have used several other programs that allow you to highlight the qso and click "reply" This one click confirms the receipt of the station's QSL card and adds the QSO to the list of labels to be printed.

Hi Jim,
I see the reasoning for a 'Reply' button and I will discuss this with our Alpha and Beta testers before adding it to our Mantis list.

It seems that you only QSL upon receipt of an incoming card? unlike other users that QSL soon after the QSO hoping that the other station will be prompted to reciprocate.

The only trick that you are missing, which would speed up the processing, is the use of 'Q-queued' status when processing the QSL cards.

You can mark the 'QSL sent' status as Q-queued when processing your QSL's then in the 'Label Print Management' screen just search on the 'QSL sent' field for those that are Q-queued.

The final step in the label printing process on the 'label print' tab of 'Label Management' provides for re-setting the 'Resulting QSL sent status' and 'Sent date' automatically to Y-yes with the processing date.

I have produced some step by step instructions for both methods of QSL processing which I will add to the manual in due course, meanwhile they are attached to this posting for consideration.
Attachments
Processing Paper QSL’s in Log4OM.pdf.zip
(205.37 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
73 Terry G4POP
N0AV
Novice Class

Post by N0AV »

Most of my QSLing is of the "answer" variety but of course, not always.

Thanks for your suggestions Terry...looks like it will be most helpful.

73, Jim N0AV