CAT Connection Wont Work:-(

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dougal

CAT Connection Wont Work:-(

Post by dougal »

Hi guys
After having to go through the maze that is a reformat and Windows reinstallation, I can't get LOG4OM to connect to my radio.

I have checked the obvious, like having an exclusive com port.

I've tried both methods of connecting, though previously, it an Omnirig connection.

Windows10 x64
Yaesu FT-450D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT Connection Wont Work:-(

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried updating the USB driver it seems that Yaesu have the same idiosyncrasy as Icom in that you have to install the Yaesu USB driver before connecting the radio otherwise the Windows driver will auto install and that wont work
73 Terry G4POP
dougal

Post by dougal »

Hi Terry hope you are well.
Do you mean a Yeasu driver? I thought only a driver for the serial to USB cable was required.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I don't have a Yaesu but a simple Google search reveals this http://systemfusion.yaesu.com/wp-conten ... ng_web.pdf its a USB driver for the computer

This would seem to indicate that you need a Yaesu driver for the USB just the same as the later Icom radios.

My other question would be did CAT control of this radio work before the Windows format and reinstall?
73 Terry G4POP
dougal

Post by dougal »

G4POP wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 08:24 My other question would be did CAT control of this radio work before the Windows format and reinstall?
Yes it did, but alas my grey matter is not as sharp as it once was, so cannot recall exactly how i got it working.
Just in the process of backing up my installation, then i will find relevant drivers.....
dougal

Post by dougal »

very many thanks Terry you were spot on:-)

Hugely appreciate your help (and this great software)