JTAlert logging fails if fldigi not running

Regarding connecting to external program's.
AF9W
Novice Class

JTAlert logging fails if fldigi not running

Post by AF9W »

I am elmering a new ham and helping him set up Log4OM with fldigi and WSJT-X. It appears that if Communicator is set up for both fldigi and JTAlert interfaces and fldigi is not running then the JTAlert logging fails. I can't test this at my home QTH as my HF station is off the air. I turned off the fldigi interface and restarted Log4OM, JTAlert, and WSJT-X and logging works fine.

Bob AF9W
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JTAlert logging fails if fldigi not running

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Bob,

JTalert can only handle WSJT-X, JTDX and two different HT65HF softwares. For each of them JTalert
uses another colour for the desktop shortcut symbol (4 different if you install it for all of the possible
JT mode softwares). JTalert can log to the Log4OM SQLite file only by using those 4 different softwares
but it can´t log Fldigi contacts to Log4OM.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
AF9W
Novice Class

Post by AF9W »

Thanks, I understood that. The problem seems to be that if I configure Communicator for both Inbound and fldigi interface and fldigi is not running it will not allow JTAlert to run. Does this seem correct?

Bob AF9W
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

AF9W wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 15:15 Thanks, I understood that. The problem seems to be that if I configure Communicator for both Inbound and fldigi interface and fldigi is not running it will not allow JTAlert to run. Does this seem correct?

Bob AF9W
Are you sure that you have not changed the FLDigi port number in Log4OM communicator/Settings/inbound/FLDigi interface it should be 7362

Because I have the FLDigi interface set up and JTAlert/WSJT-x works fine
73 Terry G4POP