Web Browser

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NR3E
Advanced Class

Web Browser

Post by NR3E »

I am trying to understand the logic behind the internal web browser. I like that when you click on the "Lookup" button it opens your favorite call sign database with the current contact listed. That is a cool feature. But when you log the contact or hit the "CLR" button, everything in the web browser is cleared away too. I like to open www.sotawatch.org in the web browser, but any time there is an update, a saving of a record, or any Log4OM activity, it clears away the web page. I would like for sotawatch.org (or any other web page) to stay in the browser until I told it to go away. Is there some setting that I am missing or is it not possible?

Thanks, Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Web Browser

Post by G4POP »

Check the box to se the external browser and that wont get cleared
73 Terry G4POP
NR3E
Advanced Class

Post by NR3E »

Thanks for your response, Terry, your support has been great. When I check the box to use the external browser it does indeed open the Lookup function in a separate browser. But the internal browser window still clears when a record is added or looked up. I can work around that by opening Sotawatch in a separate window and tiling them side by side. I was just hoping the internal browser window would not clear any time there is some activity on screen.

Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No the internal browser is designed to function as you describe
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Terry can you explain how this works? Are you supposed to be able to enter a call and popup the user QRZ page like some other programs?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd0zv wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 18:29 Terry can you explain how this works? Are you supposed to be able to enter a call and popup the user QRZ page like some other programs?

Enter a call and when the 'LOOKUP' button becomes live just click it to open the Browser F1 tab or the external browser if selected to view the QRZ page

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (123.86 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.85 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Thanks Terry !

Did not look over there
Rich