QSO Information

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G3XOV
Novice Class

QSO Information

Post by G3XOV »

Hi All,
Is there a way to filter the qso info window to only show an exact match? Example: this afternoon EW8O was on 20 and when I entered his call, the info window showed that I had worked him but also that I'd worked EW8OD and EW8OF. This happens whenever the call has only one suffix letter.
73 de Ron
g3xov.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSO Information

Post by IW3HMH »

the search is made on the whole string. In that case you can search
IW3HMH/P
G/IW3HMH
and other combos by typing only IW3HMH

I'll check if i can add a checkbox option to filter that in the way you ask
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

You could split string by '/' into sections and then do full string search within each section.

However, partial search is useful too.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Not so easy when running directly wired to the database... :)
I'll think about
G3XOV
Novice Class

Post by G3XOV »

Thank you both for your replies. I find it useful to show all variants of a call worked, for instance G3XOV, G3XOV/P, DL/G3XOV but when a call has only 1 or 2 suffix letters, it will show all stations previously worked that had suffix letters that started with those 1 or 2 letters. In the original example, the station call that I entered ( and had previously worked) was EW8O But the window showed 2 other stations that had been worked, EW8OD and EW8OF. They are not variations of one call. They are 3 different stations.
Hope that makes sense?
73 de Ron
g3xov.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

probably not, but we need to change how the callsign is saved into the database (making a new field without any extension, prefix and so on).
I'll keep for the future, in the meanwhile i will try to find an easy way to offer this search mode, as alternative
G3XOV
Novice Class

Post by G3XOV »

Thanks for your reply Daniele. Unfortunately, I'm not very computer savvy!! but now that I've given it more thought, I can see that making a change would not be easy and it would lose the ability to show /p etc. variants of the station worked. My apologies for not really thinking it through and I think it would probably be better left as it is. After using several logging programmes over the years, Log4OM is by far the best one that I've come across. Thanks for this great programme and I'll just carry on enjoying using it as it is.
73 de Ron
g3xov.
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

IW3HMH wrote:Not so easy when running directly wired to the database... :)
Sorry, I forgot that Log4OM actually uses the real database :)

Having partial matches in search result can be useful so I would not try to avoid it.

I would add calculated field that shows if call sign match is partial or full and then sort result by that field to show full match records at top.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs