Log4om + Stationmaster, Amplifier and Rotor Control

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ON7CL
Advanced Class

Log4om + Stationmaster, Amplifier and Rotor Control

Post by ON7CL »

Hello FM,

I'm looking for the following setup, find a lot on the net but not all

How do you connect your Log4Om log to the stationmaster, I didn't see anything in the manual.

Thanks for reply.

Rudi - ON7CL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4om + Stationmaster, Amplifier and Rotor Control

Post by G4POP »

What is a "Stationmaster"?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

With Google i only find a software from microham which is called station master. Maybe he means this ...
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I think that device creates virtual serial ports to which all external software can connect. Probably best to ask in the Microham user forum "how to connect an external logbook using this device"

We cant provide instructions for connections unless we have the device to test with - Send me a Stationmaster and I will find out how it works and write instructions in the user guide.
73 Terry G4POP
ON7CL
Advanced Class

Post by ON7CL »

Hello FM,

Stationmaster is a device for station automatisation, you connect all your divices to the stationmaster (Radio, Amplifier,Bandpass Filters, Rotator, etc). The stationmaster is the only connection to the PC and has it's own software.

73 - Rudi- ON7CL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ON7CL wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 15:02 Hello FM,

Stationmaster is a device for station automatisation, you connect all your divices to the stationmaster (Radio, Amplifier,Bandpass Filters, Rotator, etc). The stationmaster is the only connection to the PC and has it's own software.

73 - Rudi- ON7CL
Then either 'Stationmaster' should connect to Omnirig and share it with Log4OM if 'Stationmaster' can do that or possibly 'Stationmaster' may provide VSP's for external software to connect to.

You need to send your question to the 'Stationmaster' manufacturer of their own user group/forum as I have no knowledge of this device
73 Terry G4POP
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

Aldo VA3AG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Aldo,
I stopped providing a 'Read the user manual for you sir!' service some time ago when I was working with Simon Brown on HRD but I have made an exception on this occasion and following your hyperlink I found the user manual and read it!

Page 18 onwards clearly describes the VSP's that the Stationmaster creates and how to connect external control devices like loggers etc.

So basically the Station master connects to the radio and the computer and the Microham software on the computer creates VSP's to which external devices connect, careful attention should be paid to the CAT (2) VSP as this appears to be the one to connect Log4OM to.
73 Terry G4POP
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

G4POP wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 10:10 Hi Aldo,
I stopped providing a 'Read the user manual for you sir!' service some time ago when I was working with Simon Brown on HRD but I have made an exception on this occasion and following your hyperlink I found the user manual and read it!

Page 18 onwards clearly describes the VSP's that the Stationmaster creates and how to connect external control devices like loggers etc.

So basically the Station master connects to the radio and the computer and the Microham software on the computer creates VSP's to which external devices connect, careful attention should be paid to the CAT (2) VSP as this appears to be the one to connect Log4OM to.
Hi Terry:
Thanks for your comments, I just thought I would post the link in case you wanted to look at it.
Aldo VA3AG