can't log QSO

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

can't log QSO

Post by WA1MAD »

Not sure what I did wrong, but after many months of trouble free operation, when I click on a station, have a QSO and select AD, (which usually goes to my QSO list and to QRZ) I get this message "SQL logic error or missing database no such table:LOG I'm sure I messed up something in my computer. I hope I didn't lose all my QSO's in LOG4OM.
K7PT
Old Man

Re: can't log QSO

Post by K7PT »

In bottom right corner of Log4OM, do you see the log database path? If not load your logbook file from the file drop down.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Thanks for the reply. Well there is a long string in the lower right, WinKeyer IRED C:\Users\Mike...etc etc, all of my spots are RED. When I do the drop down I see, new database, open database, copy database to export ADIF etc etc. i also got a DB upgrade required message but I think that's just because I messed up something. Just when I think I am getting pretty good at this stuff...crap.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Try a restore back to a known date when all worked.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

I tried that, but it seems that my laptop didn't have room to backup so no restore. I'll try again though. Can I capture my contacts by making an ADIF file from my QRZ logbook, putting it on a thumb drive and saving it to my laptop in the correct file folder? I always used the AD feature to send each contact to QRZ. Thanks for your efforts in helping me. If I can't get log4om to work, I may uninstall it and reinstall. Good idea or not?. BTW, where is my log4om contact log stored and what might it's file extension be called? I can search for it, just in case it's hiding somewhere else on my computer. When I hit the recent QSO button, it's empty. All my prior contact countries, frequencies, bands etc etc are red.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Do a search for files with .adi extension which will find the backup of your log.

Then do a clean reinstall of Log4OM.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA1MAD wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 23:20 I may uninstall it and reinstall. Good idea or not?. BTW, where is my log4om contact log stored and what might it's file extension be called? I can search for it, just in case it's hiding somewhere else on my computer.
You don't need to reinstall unless something has been badly corrupted

Look for files with the extension .SQLITE so perhaps logbook.sqlite or WA1MAD.SQLite, that is the main database

If you find it then simply go to the file menu in Log4OM and select 'Open database' then select the file that you found and open it.

If your computer has insufficient space to save a backup of Log4OM then your windows system wont work very well if at all. Normally a Windows OS needs about 30% free disk space to operate efficiently.
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Thanks Terry and Charles. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also checked QRZ where I send all my contacts, but it seems there is no easy way to capture the list.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Also, not sure if I'm using the latest version. Should I update?
Does the DB upgrade message mean anything? Not sure why I get that message. I think it's unrelated
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Install the latest version.

Then see what happens. Let us know!