QSO/QSL Logging (LotW, eQSL, etc)

General discussions about Log4OM features
W7MGB
Novice Class

Re: QSO/QSL Logging (LotW, eQSL, etc)

Post by W7MGB »

Figured I better check - CAT control from log4OM works just fine. If I select a spot, it changes the radio freq just fine.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have asked Lele to look at this one, I suspect its confined to MySQL
73 Terry G4POP
W7MGB
Novice Class

Post by W7MGB »

Thanks to everyone for all the help - I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I no longer believe it is a MySQL issue. I swapped everything over to a SQLLite DB (for communications - just to test a few contacts) and the same exact thing still happens. I am really at a loss as to why this is occurring - I thought for sure when I set up a new install and went with everything right "out of the box" I'd get the same logging as everyone else.

Unless you believe this is an issue across the board for many users, please, do not spend too much time on it.

Thanks!!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Do you get the same result when logging a qso manually but with CAT control providing frequency and mode?
73 Terry G4POP
W7MGB
Novice Class

Post by W7MGB »

G4POP wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:30 Do you get the same result when logging a qso manually but with CAT control providing frequency and mode?
Yes - just tested it. I used your call as a test a made a "fake" entry. The log recorded it as 14074.321 (no 1st "dot").

Do you think this is the radio not sending the Freq correctly? Just grasping at straws there......
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W7MGB wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:59
G4POP wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:30 Do you get the same result when logging a qso manually but with CAT control providing frequency and mode?
Yes - just tested it. I used your call as a test a made a "fake" entry. The log recorded it as 14074.321 (no 1st "dot").

Do you think this is the radio not sending the Freq correctly? Just grasping at straws there......
Yes I am puzzled also!

What radio are you using and what version of Log4om?
73 Terry G4POP
W7MGB
Novice Class

Post by W7MGB »

G4POP wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 18:55
W7MGB wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:59

Yes I am puzzled also!

What radio are you using and what version of Log4om?
Latest release - I started with 1.30 (it has done this since the beginning) and last week I updated to the latest release.

The radio is a Kenwood TS-590S (NOT the SG, just S).

I currently connect to the radio from the computer with two cables - One runs the Kenwood Control system and the other one is for the CAT control/omnirig (or to WSJT-X when configured that way). One is USB, the other is RS232 (serial port). I'm going to swap them - who knows, maybe that little bit of data is having an issue on the USB.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try just using one and then the alternate one it could be a conflict which swapping wont stop
73 Terry G4POP
W7MGB
Novice Class

Post by W7MGB »

Here is what I really think (oh, swapping ports, or 1 port at a time did not make a difference either) --- I't thinking that the radio is not sending that "dot" of information to the program, regardless of how I connect; either the radio setup built-in to WSJT-X, or OmniRig. Therefore, Log4OM is not getting it, so it can't log it.... No way, it just hit me - even if I enter the frequency directly into Log4OM, the "dot" does not make it to the log.... So I am stumped.

Thanks for all the help... eQSL, LotW, etc, all those updates work like they should, so by no means is a missing decimal point an issue that any of use should lose sleep over.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi ????

I need to find out what is happening so please keep testing and experimenting
73 Terry G4POP