Keying USB port from FLDigi

Regarding connecting to external program's.
VE3AND
Novice Class

Keying USB port from FLDigi

Post by VE3AND »

Hello all,

I have a Kenwood TS-590S that is set up and works correctly with FLDigi. I want to integrate with Log4OM for logging, but when I switch rig control to XML-RPC, my sound card output is no longer transmitted. PTT works though.

After considerable headscratching, I determined that the Kenwood requires a TX1 command to activate the rear ports for input, but it is receiving a TX command instead which only transmits the front panel mic input.

So, I can do rig control from FLDigi and just monitor the logfile from Log4OM. Or, I can use Ian Wade's utility that translates TX/TX0 on the fly to TX1, but that requires setting up a virtual serial port ($$$).

Before I either give up integration or spend my hard earned money, is there any other fix/workaround to force Log4OM to send TX1 on transmit?

73, Andrew
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Keying USB port from FLDigi

Post by G4POP »

If your using Omnirig you can modify the rain.ini file to send the command you require
73 Terry G4POP
VE3AND
Novice Class

Post by VE3AND »

Hi Terry;

Thanks, but I can't find a file called rain.ini anywhere on my hard drive, and it also does not show up in a search of the manual.

Andrew
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VE3AND wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 18:11 Hi Terry;

Thanks, but I can't find a file called rain.ini anywhere on my hard drive, and it also does not show up in a search of the manual.

Andrew
Typo, I meant rig.ini

Go to your Afreet/Omnirig/rigs folder

Find the .ini file for your radio - TS590.ini

Edit it in notepad
73 Terry G4POP
VE3AND
Novice Class

Post by VE3AND »

Got it. It was already set, actually. Including comments in Russian. :)

For some reason Omnirig is unusable on my PC though. It works, but there's a good 5 second lag in the PTT command, and frequency updates from the rig can take anywhere from 2 seconds to 3 minutes.

That's not a Log4OM problem though.

Thanks.

Andrew
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Are you certain that Omnirig was installed to RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR?
73 Terry G4POP
VE3AND
Novice Class

Post by VE3AND »

Well, when I ran the setup program I "ran as administrator". I even uninstalled and reinstalled to confirm. Is there something else that needs to be done?

Just for a current example, I double clicked on a spot in Log4OM. 7 seconds later the rig frequency changed. 82 seconds after that the VFO display in Log4OM changed.

The I clicked and held the PTT button. 4 second delay for the rig to start TX, then another 6 seconds to switch back after I released the mouse.

None of these delays are present with hamlib.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I am referring to Omnirig?

Are you using just one CAT connection or are you using both usb and acc at the same time?
73 Terry G4POP
VE3AND
Novice Class

Post by VE3AND »

I have a single CAT connection over USB. It works fine with hamlib, but not with omnirig. I've confirmed that omnirig is set to run as administrator always.

Like I said though, this isn't a Log4OM issue. It doesn't matter what software I try with omnirig CAT control, I always have the same issues.

Which circles back to my original question of changing the CAT PTT to send TX1 instead of TX or TX0. I assume (yeah, I know) that there is no equivalent to the ts-590s.ini file for me to edit?

Andrew
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried reinstalling the Kenwood usb drivers? Sometimes a windows update overwrites them with incomparable drivers
73 Terry G4POP