Lg ID

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
5B4AJT
Novice Class

Lg ID

Post by 5B4AJT »

Hi
I know that the name of the Database that has been loaded appears at the bottom right hand corner of the window, but it quite small and I have 6 different callsigns and therefore 6 separate logs. It can cause problems if I boot up Log40M with the 'wrong' Database loaded and start logging contacts! :o
It would be very helpful if the name of the Database in use could be made more obvious. Perhaps it could appear in the top icon band somewhere to the right of the Rig selection option and in letters similar to the PTT?
Even I should be able to spot that! :D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Lg ID

Post by G4POP »

Perhaps you should use a different configuration for each logbook especially as the Owner, station and operator call sign and other data will probably be different for each log.

You could then have a unique shortcut for each configuration to ensure that you use the correct set up

The configuration profile in use is displayed at the top left of the window in the ribbon bar
73 Terry G4POP
5B4AJT
Novice Class

Re: Lg ID

Post by 5B4AJT »

Not enough differences between them for this to be any easier to use than changing the database, and I like to have a common screen layout. It could show the callsign in use at the top, rather than the database if that is any easier to programme - just so long as it is BIG and obvious. :mrgreen: