QSO & QSL info - Resolved

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
ei9ju
Advanced Class

QSO & QSL info - Resolved

Post by ei9ju »

Unless I'm going about it in a roundabout way, to verify contact details for a QSL card I first need to pull up the "QSO information" tab then after copying the information leave that tab and bring up the "QSL Information" to confirm sent/received information for that particular QSL card.
It would be a lot more convenient (especially if sorting paper cards in bulk) if it could be done using just one tab, the electronic versions (EQSL & LOTW) look after themselves when external log settings are enabled so it's really only a "tick-box" in the first screen "Update QSO" for paper card updates I find I'm missing.

Gerry/Ei9Ju
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO & QSL info

Post by G4POP »

Go to the QSL management window enter the call of the incoming card and mark it received - Page 85 of the user guide refers to this process.

It is a really fast way to process incoming cards

73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

Yes, I could do that Terry but it still involves a 2nd window.
If I'm filling out QSL cards I need the QSO information, there's no escaping that (that's the 1st window), then to confirm the status of the card (send/receive) a 2nd window must then be opened.
I don't like comparing one against the other but in HRD this was accomplished using 1 window.
Filling out single cards the two-stage isn't really a problem but when doing cards in bulk (for instance today I returned home to hundreds of Bureau cards) the need to bring up the 2nd window is time consuming.

Gerry/Ei9Ju
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Gerry,
I have been thinking about this all day and only just had time to sit at the computer to play Hi!

If you have 100 plus cards received by the bureau today and you want to hand write QSL cards to return to these calls via the bureau or perhaps direct you need to do the following.

1. Find the QSO by a search on the call
2. Identify the exact QSO with that call
3. Read the information about that QSO from the screen and write it on your outgoing card
4. Mark the QSO that the QSL has been received, by which route it was received and the date on which it was received
5. Mark the QSO that you sent a QSL, by what route the QSL was sent and when the QSL was sent

The above can all be accomplished in the QSL Management window as shown below - Just one window and when the first card is completed just type the next call in the search window!
Attachments
QSL.jpg
QSL.jpg (116.58 KiB) Viewed 9945 times
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

That's almost it Terry but it falls short of giving all the info needed to complete a card, the signal report is missing and requires bringing up a 2nd window.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No just add the RST column using the layout button at the bottom, you can display any column in any order at any width using the layout button!

I just knocked that up quickly to demonstrate what can be achieved
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

That's it Terry, problem solved, I wasn't aware I could add more columns :oops:
There's bound to be other people with the same level of brightness as myself so perhaps RST should be included in the default setting as without it a card can't be completed.
Anyway, a big thank you for your time and patience, now to make a start on these cards.

Gerry/Ei9Ju
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Gerry,
there is an almost "unknown" interface that has been developed to help users manually compile QSL, having BIG fields and all relevant informations in one screen, allowing you to see many informations at a glance and update the "end of workflow status" (qsl sent) too.
You can find it in the QSL Management > QSL ASSISTANT screen

This can maybe help you and other with manual QSL editing.

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:Hi Gerry,
there is an almost "unknown" interface that has been developed to help users manually compile QSL, having BIG fields and all relevant informations in one screen, allowing you to see many informations at a glance and update the "end of workflow status" (qsl sent) too.
You can find it in the QSL Management > QSL ASSISTANT screen

This can maybe help you and other with manual QSL editing.

Daniele
Hi Daniele,
Gerry also needs to update the QSL sent status, date and route at the same time as manually writing the card and marking the QSL received status, date and route, so the QSL Assistant does not quiet do the job.

Perhaps at some time we could add the QSL sent status update, date and route to QSL Assistant?

73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

it's already there...
from QSL Assistant you can:

1) update informations using HAMQTH/QRZ.COM
2) view QRZ or HAMQTH websites
3) edit QSL Message, QSL Informations and Comment
4) VIEW received status
5) in the bottom right part set the QSL SENT STATUS, QSL SENT VIA and you can also set "TODAY as QSL SENT DATE"

The green V button will update QSL and go to the next one
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH