Russian RDA

General discussions about Log4OM features
SM5DGE
Novice Class

Russian RDA

Post by SM5DGE »

Where in the log application do you approve in which RDA a Russian station is located? The Russians are often on expeditions outside their domains and then I can not register the current RDA in Log4OM. Can I change anything in the configuration that allows this?

73 de SM5DGE / Joe
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Russian RDA

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Joe,

have you checked our nice manuals ? If you type in a russian callsign you can
open the "Club and Award" (F3) Tab and you find a dropdown of all russian
awards we can handle in Log4OM, also the Russian Districts Award (RDA). If
you check this you got another dropdown with the RDA numbers ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
SM5DGE
Novice Class

Post by SM5DGE »

Hello and thanks,

I have checked all documents and tried everything. You can try this for the ongoing RDA-exp R7AB/M:
They are working from RDA OM-21 at present and even if you do your trix you can´t find OM-21 in the dropdown list. In the dropdown list there are several oblasts/RDA´s only close to their home address. As soon as they go to far away places it´s impossible to fill in the correct RDA in the award program.

73´s
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You can add the RDA to the list using our award manager, see our user guide and YouTube videos!

We can't update the RDA lists if the organisation or participants don't provide us with updated information, no information = No updates - please complain to the RDA organisation
73 Terry G4POP
SM5DGE
Novice Class

Post by SM5DGE »

Hello again,

I understand the concept. Maybe it´s difficult to have all 2639 RDA´s in the dropdown list which would cover all possibilities.
Now the dropdown list is determined by the station's home addresses. I will let it be for now and do the administration of my RDA´s in other environmnets in combination with Log4OM´s Comment field and superb sorting capacity.

73 to all.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well we have all 80000 plus WWFF in one list so no it's easy but we need the list!
73 Terry G4POP
SM5DGE
Novice Class

Post by SM5DGE »

Hello,
Excuse me if I in any way repeat myself but you have the complete list but it is not seen in the dropdown as an overall list for every different russian HAM. You don´t see RDA´s in the East of Russia for a HAM who lives in the West and vice versa.
Now I will try to get OM-30 in the log, the R7AB crew is driving fast. ;)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So you want all 2000 plus references displayed for every Russian call sign?
73 Terry G4POP
SM5DGE
Novice Class

Post by SM5DGE »

I want all RDA´s displayed in the dropdown list to pick from or to type in the given RDA i the Search field and when "Area" and "Kraj" are displayed klick on the green plus sign to register it to the QSO. I rest my case.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have checked the RDA award using the call sign and RDA reference that you provided and could not see what your issue is?

I entered the call R7AB/M then in the 'Club and Awards F3' tab selected the 'RDA Russian Districts Award' then I clicked on the drop down reference list and 'ALL' of the references are displayed including OM-21? - See my screen shot compilation below.

RDA-Award.jpg
RDA-Award.jpg (96.55 KiB) Viewed 7027 times

Furthermore after entering the call sign and selecting the RDA award by adding the OM-21 referece to the 'Search' field in the F3 tab immediately located the correct information.

Now forgive me if I am being particularly thick but what exactly do you want?

BTW I learnt a lesson here! - I should ALWAYS check the software before commenting because its possibly not an issue or I might have misunderstood the users complaint entirely, as must be the case in this instance.
73 Terry G4POP