User Profile Problem

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4VMM
Novice Class

User Profile Problem

Post by G4VMM »

I've been using Log4om for the past couple of years without any issues, however something has happened that may well be self inflicted that I can't seem to correct.

When I open Log4om it opens as User Profile New Configuration (top left of screen) with no database or station info.

If I go to File, open database, I can select my mainlog SQLite file that then populates my logbook onto the screen, but still no station info in the settings station info panel. I can see that this is because it is asking me to create a new config.

I can't find anywhere to select my original user profile config.

If it has any bearing, at the bottom right of the screen I have the C:\user\....info for my main log SQLite with green indicator

Hope this makes sense

Any advice, greatly appreciated

Steve
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: User Profile Problem

Post by G4POP »

You need to restore the configuration file from your last backup

The backup files are kept in the C:\.............\appdata\roaming\logOM\backup folder, unless you changed the location.

Copy the latest backup of the config.xml to C:\program files (x86)\IW3HMH\log4om folder and let it overwrite the existing file

Restart Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
G4VMM
Novice Class

Post by G4VMM »

Good evening Terry,

I just tried what you advised, and I can see that it has overwritten the config.xml file with todays date, but there is no change to my user profile problem. I restarted both Log4om and restarted my pc.

When I open Log4om, the main page opens, with the Log4om settings pages overlaid across the top, offering New Configuration (running) (active)

Regards Steve
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Go to an earlier backup file because every time you close log4om a new back up was saved probably as a new configuration
73 Terry G4POP
G4VMM
Novice Class

Post by G4VMM »

Terry,

It looks like all 6 of my backups are showing as the new config setup, I've opened and closed Log4om that may times trying to resolve the problem, any other suggestions what to do?

Steve
Last edited by G4VMM on 28 Jul 2018, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

See if you have a 'Historic folder, if you do then try the backup config in that folder

Otherwise you will need to re-enter all of your station data and other information to make a complete config

Tip

Used the secondary backup in future without delete and set backup maximum backups to something like 12 plus
73 Terry G4POP
G4VMM
Novice Class

Post by G4VMM »

I can't see an historic backup in the Backup folder, just the last six.

Looks like I'll have to try and setup the station info again which will be a challenge to remember the eqsl and lotw info etc.

Thanks for your help

Steve
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try the earliest historic before doing a new set up

Tip
Once the config is set up use the print option in the Options window to print a pdf of all of your settings including user names and passwords. Store it somewhere safe
73 Terry G4POP
G4VMM
Novice Class

Post by G4VMM »

Hi Terry,

Sorry to bother you again, I have setup up a new config and have everything working as before except for LOTW.

I can receive LOTW confirmations but cannot up load new contacts.

I receive an error message saying TQSL file not found on this path.

Having looked at your youtube clip on this, I have set up the executable path the same as yours and corresponding where the file is on my pc.

Do you have any suggestions?

Steve
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Where is the Tqsl program located on your pc and have you set the correct path to the LOTW temporary file?
73 Terry G4POP