Log to QRZ

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Log to QRZ

Post by WA1MAD »

I am trying to replicate LOG4OM on a new computer. As best I could, I looked at each page on the old computer and entered the same information into the fields on the new machine. Well things kinda work. CAT control works, call sign populates, frequencies show up etc etc. I am a QRZ XML subscriber. I entered my QRZ call sign and password and entered and double checked my api key. All I get when I hit the "ADD" button is "not connected to any database or database error" I'm sure it's something simple. I next should copy and paste the api key that is on the settings page on QRZ instead of typing them in, and yes I entered the dashes. I think I did the install as an administrator as Terry and the installation guide suggests. I watched the you tube video on the subject. Oh yes I entered my call sign and password for QRZ and the QRZ button is selected, I have done that. I also shut down and started the program to no avail. Any ideas?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log to QRZ

Post by G4POP »

Just copy the config.xml file from the old computer which is located at

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM

Then paste it to the same location on the new computer

Restart Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Thanks Terry, unfortunately, my old computer, a laptop with a broken screen (I've been using a monitor) is totally disconnected. I'll try and resurrect it today for this suggestion. I did try reloading LOG4OM but had similar results.it still say NOT CONNECTED in the lower right. Other functionality seems fine.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

That's because you have not made a new database

File/new database then import an ADIF file

Or

File/open database if you still have your sqlite logbook file
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Sorry to be so ignorant on this. I did copy the config.xml file from the old machine, but in Windows 10 I couldn't paste, so I dragged and dropped. I restarted LOG4OM but got the same NOT CONNECTED in lower right. Ok, so now I need to import a data base. It still is unclear to me that if I was a brand new user, which I am on this computer, the program would work and look up and log in QRZ. Last night it stopped populating the name associated with the call sign. And yes, I'd like to have all my past QSOs on the new computer. I need to learn to do the ADIF thing. Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try to find your old logbook on the old computer it will be a file ending in .sqlite (dot sqlite) you will have given it a name when you first installed log4om

If you can find it copy it to the new computer somewhere like your documents then in log4om go to file/open database select the file and everything should work.

I strongly advise you to keep your sqlite database and adif backups on a cloud database like Google drive or Dropbox, that way they can never be lost
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Also try to find you backup files on the old computer ending in .adi and transfer them to the new computer.

These are your ADIF backups and are dated so use the latest date one if you need to do an ADIF import
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Hi Terry, it must be bedtime for you. I found 2 files on the old machine 20180809192155_WA1MAD.adi and activations.SQLite. However, when I used the activations.SQLite, the lower right box now reads "DB UPGRADE REQUIRED" I this because I've gone from Win 7 to Win 10??? Getting close...I hope. Thanks
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Well, I selected new database under file and things now look normal and things are working. The only thing missing is my QSO history. The only one there is me, which I entered as a test. I assume that is the adi file. I'll attempt to get it in the correct place. Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Use file/import adif and import 2018.........wa1mad.adi
73 Terry G4POP