Auto Generate in contest

General discussions about Log4OM features
M6VWX
Novice Class

Auto Generate in contest

Post by M6VWX »

Am i the only one who is having difficultly with the auto generate in the contests i dont want to down load another longing program i have enough now . If there is a problem should it be reported and could something be done to solve the problem i am very happy with everything else it is a great program.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Auto Generate in contest

Post by IW3HMH »

Explaining your difficulties could be a first step towards the solution...
what kind of issue do you have?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 13:54 Explaining your difficulties could be a first step towards the solution...
what kind of issue do you have?
We already have discussed this users issue in another thread it should not be duplicated here!

See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3519
73 Terry G4POP
M6VWX
Novice Class

Post by M6VWX »

Yes we have discussed it but not come up with a answer apart from a suggestion that i use N1MM i fill the contest in just as you did and it did not work as i said is it just me or dose it happen to everyone yes or no
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No it does not, if it did there would be many users complaining out of our thousands of users.

You seem to be the only person with this issue
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

M6VWX wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 13:17 Am i the only one who is having difficultly with the auto generate in the contests
I assume you are referring to "Auto Generating Contest Serial Numbers"? If so, I've just selected Contest (F4), Ticked "Enable Contest Mode" , selected "Auto Generate". I then entered a Callsign and saved it to my log. The Sent Serial Number incremented ok.

Apologies if I misunderstood.
73 de David G4NVB
M6VWX
Novice Class

Post by M6VWX »

Thanks for your reply David yes it is ok with just the serial number like 001 but some contest are like 001 27 when i do this it dose not recognize the 27 even if i put it in the suffix it still dose not recognise it . The same with the received serial number if it is just say 004 it is ok but when i add a number like 004 25 it dose not recognize the 25 that is the problem .

Graham M6VWX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Read the other thread as look at the test examples
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Topic locked

Continue the other thread for continuity
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I wish everyone would understand that Log4OM is not a CONTEST logger and never meant to be. It has a very simple contest mode and does not cover all the various requirements of all the different dedicated logging programs. That's for those like N1MM and Terry has given you the info on how to deal with this issue.

The focus of Log4OM as stated many, many times is a logger for QSOs and not on contests. So, beating a dead horse will get you nothing more then a dead horse.

Cheers!
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"