TX5T Country listed switches from Australs to Clipperton

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ac5aa
Old Man

TX5T Country listed switches from Australs to Clipperton

Post by ac5aa »

Here's an odd one for you - first time I've seen it. I noticed yesterday that TX5T spots were coming in marked as Clipperton Island. I had not seen this the day before. To be sure, I downloaded a new copy of the countries list and restarted Log4OM. Now it worked correctly . . . until this afternoon when Clipperton started showing up again. Atached is a screenshot that shows it for you. I'd like to think it's something I'm doing wrong, but can't imagine what that might be. Suggestions? (This makes using the "worked grid" useless for the correct country.) It also gets logged with the incorrect country once this starts happening. Note at the bottom of the view (older spots) it is correctly indicated as Australs, but then starts showing up as Clipperton at the 1901Z spot. 'Tis a puzzlement.
2018-08-21 (1).png
2018-08-21 (1).png (130.01 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
73, Duane AC5AA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TX5T Country listed switches from Australs to Clipperton

Post by NN7D »

TX5T switched to Clipperton again today, after I had reloaded the Country, Clublog and SCL files several days ago and restarted Log4OM - which set it correctly to Austral Is. Now it resolves to Clipperton again today?

Head scratching...

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

No need to scratch your head. The operation ends on the 21st, today. The SCL currently is for the 21st.

If you look at the effective date of the current SCL (about in the menu bar) it is the 22nd and the OP has ended.

Right now it is the 22nd somewhere in the world.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Chuck,

First of all, my SCL was effective 19 Aug - and doing a search in it, there was no entry for 2018 for TX5T. But there was in the ClubLog file - but it already ended - <End>2018-08-21T16:59:59-07:00</End> which seems to be too soon, as we were still getting TX5T spots at 2336Z today (21 Aug). Updating the SCL manually - and looking at it in About - effective 22 Aug - 00:00 UTC. Now searching this new SCL file I still do not find an entry for TX5T for this date/time period. So I don't see that the SCL even addressed TX5T this go around. In any case, its not good that the resolution reverts to an incorrect country before the operation has ended.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Yes, I believe tomorrow was to be the last day, the 22nd, so it should at least indicate correctly through the last day of the operation. I realize there may be some teardown going on that day, but often they keep a station or two running through a portion of the last day. Just my thoughts for consideration.
73, Duane AC5AA
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

You can see the contents the SCL at Utilities>Log4OM SCL Contents
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I don't know how often this problem occurs, but it might be a good option to be able to remap a callsign/prefix so that it displays correctly at least for that one day. Some logging software will permanently remap a call/prefix until it is overridden with a new entry. DX4Win does that, for example. (So, it would have a start date and no end date - the end occurs when the next user of the call remaps it, if that happens.) Just a thought. Probably not a big deal to most.
73, Duane AC5AA
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

This is the first time in over 5 years this has come up. Probably not going to get much attention.