K7PT SK

General discussions about Log4OM features
IW3HMH
Site Admin

K7PT SK

Post by IW3HMH »

Chuck Degard Jr. K7PT SK

We have just received the tragic news that our great friend and associate Chuck has passed away, leaving a son David and daughter Susan. He survived his beloved wife Judy passed away a couple of years ago.

Chuck lived in Tempe Arizona and was a great DXer having achieved top place in the DXCC Honour Roll in 2015 but he continued to chase the rare ones until the end. He served in the USAF and his interest in flying private aircraft and latterly RC models endured as strongly as his amateur radio activities.

An enthusiastic petrol head he loved his Corvettes and his Mercedes sports plus excursions in his RV and trips up to the cabin he built in the mountains.

Chuck was involved with Simon Brown HB9DRV/G4ELI in the development and support of Ham Radio Deluxe until the software was sold in 2011.

In January 2012 he became a founder member of the Log4OM development team providing invaluable advice on the DXCC and user defined awards while providing daily updates to the Special Call List and Country Files. He was always available to assist our users on the forum with his in depth knowledge of the software and radio in general.

Chuck will be missed by everyone that has known him through amateur radio and his other varied interest, we send our condolences to his family and wish we were able to be with them at this sad time.

R.I P. Chuck
Your friends
Daniele Pistollato IW3HMH
Terry Genes G4POP
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Re: K7PT SK

Post by G4NVB »

Very sad news. I didn't know Chuck personally although I knew of him from the HRD Days and of course here on Log4OM.

R.I.P Chuck.
73 de David G4NVB
EC6DX
Advanced Class

Post by EC6DX »

Ohhh... Bad news... R.I.P.

I was speaking with him 1 week ago to report that my new Call EC5AC/6 are in Balearic island and it is not in SPAIN... Wooowwww...

Jose EC5AC/6
EC6DX Balearic Islands
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That´s sad news .... :cry: :cry:

R.I.P. Chuck
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Very sad to hear that news.
Please pass on my condolences to his family.
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.