Adding New Qso delay so much.

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
xe1im
New user

Adding New Qso delay so much.

Post by xe1im »

I am XE1IM , and i have log4om Ver 1.34.0.0

windows 7 64 bit Dual core Intel processor, 500 gb hard disk 4 gb ram.

My question is:

When i save a new qso <hit Enter or add button click>, the respond time and blank <callsign space> for write new call for a new qso delay so much. abot 8 or more seconds.

Impossible when i am calling cq and writting fast qsos, or in contest mod, no way to work.

I appreciate so much for you help.

Thanks. Salvador XE1IM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Adding New Qso delay so much.

Post by G4POP »

Please send me a support request including the ADIF file as detailed here http://www.log4om.com/log4om-support/

Email it to g4pop (AT) arrl.net where (AT) = @
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Adding New Qso delay so much.

Post by G4POP »

Thank you for emailing me the support request and I can see a delay of a few seconds during the save process when Log4OM attempts to upload the QSO to QRZ and HRDLog, HamQTH and Clublog.

The line in the logfile indicates that you are attempting a QSO upload to QRZ using the API key which will not work because you are not an XML paid subscriber, QRZ indicates that you are just a 'Ham member' (See below)

You should also be aware that call lookup for Ham Members is very limited and will fail to recover data like locators etc

2018-10-30 19:05:42.0019 INFO: QrzComUpload: STATUS=AUTH&REASON=user does not have a valid QRZ subscription to use this function

The next part of the delay is HRDLog, HamQTH and Clublog uploads which all seem to time out! This could indicate something wrong with your user name or pass codes or perhaps an internet issue caused by a slow or intermittent connection. (See below)

2018-10-30 19:05:42.1738 DEBUG: HRDLogManagement: upload result 0 [NOT UPDATED]
2018-10-30 19:05:46.9238 ERROR: *** HamQthManagement: The operation has timed out
2018-10-30 19:05:46.9238 ERROR: *** ClubLogManagement: The operation has timed out

Note the time delay of nearly 5 seconds between trying to upload to QRZ and the end of the failed attempt to Clublog!

Try disabling the auto upload to QRZ, HRDLog, HamQTH and Clublog in Log4OM Options/External Logs and I think you will find the save speed is back to normal.

You then need to subscribe to QRZ as an XML member before enabling the API upload again.

Try downloading a ew passcode from HRDLog also and check your other user names and passwords are working
73 Terry G4POP