Another CAT Connection Issue

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dougal

Another CAT Connection Issue

Post by dougal »

Hello folks.
I’ve had this issue before, but having had to reinstall Windows 10, for the life of me, I can neither remember the fix, nor find any of my original posts about it:-(
My radio is a Yaesu FT-450D and I’m running Windows 10 (x64)
I have a Serial to USB adapter lead connecting my PC for running LOG4OM. The original drivers that came on disk with the lead, never worked with Windows 10, but with help from here (I think), I did eventually manage to get Log4OM working correctly with it. I’ve spent several weeks now, downloading numerous and varied driver versions, none of which have worked:-(
It was one of the ‘Prolific’ drivers I managed to get working before, but something (I know not what - maybe Windows updates?) seems to have changed, and I now seem to have exhausted all online options.
If anyone here has any ideas, I’d be extremely grateful.
Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Another CAT Connection Issue

Post by G4POP »

A search of this forum revealed your previous issue see......

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3070&p=17016#p17016
73 Terry G4POP
dougal

Post by dougal »

lol thanks Terry.
Can you please tell me how you searched for that?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just looked at your old posts
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

;) ;)

dougal.png
dougal.png (22.08 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
dougal

Post by dougal »

Humble apologies! Couldn't see for looking:-)
I'm not very good with forum stuff - any of it:-(
Sadly, that's getting worse as an ongoing medical (cognitive) condition worsens. Considering its (sort of) what I once did for a living, its quite depressing:-(

On the upside, I am now sorted though! Radio frequency and log now working correctly once again. Acronis backup didn't work on this ocassion, as my hardware had changed. New backup of working system in progress as I write this.

Many thanks for not just always being there Terry, but also for the speed at which you're always there. Quite remarkable!
Happy new year to all!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You should not have to rely on Acronis backup because a full backup system is included in Log4OMn including your configuration and logbook ADIF - See the options/settings menu
73 Terry G4POP
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Post by LA9FFA »

As Terry says do not trust any external backup software for your Log4OM installation.
I use the full backup system that is included in Log4OM. My backups goes directly
to my Onedrive & Dropbox accounts and manually every third day to a memory stick.
I don`t take any chance loosing my Log4OM backups :-) Hope you get better soon dougal :-)
dougal

Post by dougal »

Thanks guys.
I'm in the process of doing what I should've done a very long time ago... VERY slowly reading that amazing user manual. Whoever put that manual together is owed many virtual beers lol. It really is quite an exquisite piece of work.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you also watch the 22 YouTube Log4OM tutorials?
73 Terry G4POP