Bearing Information in Cluster

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NG7E
Novice Class

Bearing Information in Cluster

Post by NG7E »

I've noticed that some of the "bearings" do not match from the "Cluster" section to the "Extended info & QSL" section. I'm curious where the cluster bearings are coming from. The examples are from my QTH in DM43ef, Queen Creek, Arizona. See examples below:

1. Bearing to HS0ZNR shows 317 within the "Extended info & QLS" tab, while the Bearing within the "Cluster" tab shows 322/142 degress. What are the differences between the two? What is causing it to display 2 differnt bearings?
Rotator moved to the bearings shown in the "Extended info & QLS" tab, 317 degrees.

2. Bearing to OY1R shows 180 within the "Extended info & QLS" tab, while the Bearing within the "Cluster" tab shows 29/209 degress. What are the differences between the two? What is causing it to display 2 differnt bearings?
Rotator moved to the bearings shown in the "Extended info & QLS" tab, 180 degrees.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Bearing Information in Cluster

Post by G4POP »

The first cluster bearing is taken to the centre of the country whereas the other is derived from the actual grid square of the station after lookup and is more accurate especially in the case of large continents like Australia.

A search of this forum will reveal more detailed explanations
73 Terry G4POP
NG7E
Novice Class

Re: Bearing Information in Cluster

Post by NG7E »

Thank you Terry!