QSO Archive -> Update info

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KA4CDN
Old Man

QSO Archive -> Update info

Post by KA4CDN »

I'm trying to bulk update the Distance in a bunch of QSO records that are at 0. In the QSO Archive I set Search Parameters to "Distance=0" and I get 428 records. When I do the "Update info" the Distances are not getting set. If I individually select a QSO and do an Update, the Distance field does get set.

I've used the bulk "Update info" to get the "Grid Square" fields set and that works.

I'm running version 1.38.0.0

Thanks for a great logger and support.
Mike / KA4CDN
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: QSO Archive -> Update info

Post by KA4CDN »

I see that using the "Field update" -> Log Check-up -> "Update qso distance/bearing" does work.

So problem solved but not clear as to which fields are updated with the "Update info" method.

Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO Archive -> Update info

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 16:01 but not clear as to which fields are updated with the "Update info" method.

The Update infor process updates any EMPTY field in the QSO record from information published by the on line lookup service selected by the Log4OM user (QRZ/HamQTH)

However if the information for an empty field is not available from the on line lookup service the field will be left empty.

Some incomplete information may be updated where for instance the NAME field only contains a first name the second or surname may be added if available.

Full data from QRZ for update is only available to PAID XML QRZ subscribers - NOT HAM MEMBERS so data like Grid Locator will not be completed.

This system also depends on what information, if any, a QRZ/HamQTH member has added to the online website - No info we cant update it - Info in wrong field then thats where it goes.

Log4OM however WILL NOT overwrite existing QSO data that has been entered by the user or an external program.
73 Terry G4POP