qsl assistant versus QSO form display

General discussions about Log4OM features
ik2egl
Old Man

qsl assistant versus QSO form display

Post by ik2egl »

I have been using qsl assistant for the first time and I cannot fully undertand what is aim for.

I think that the same information can be found in other windows (label management for example).

on the other side I'd like a summary QSO window which show all QSO information (not only some details) in a form mode (the font size could all the same).

:D
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: qsl assistant versus QSO form display

Post by G4POP »

QSL assistant is mainly used for updating QSL status sent and received by paper, eQSL and LOTW and most users find it invaluable.
73 Terry G4POP
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

morning Terry
tnx for the feedback ; I know you have a really clear picture of the log4om user habits and I appreciate that.

I did a post because I did not find many posts on QSL assistant and I wanted to have a community feedback.
QSL assistant us an important feature.

I personally see QSL assistant as a QSO summary form (non only QSL) with automatic update from external sources and many information of the qso itself already contained and that could be see or updated there too.

Some effort is needed of course but you should have all info already loaded; filters and the navigation buttons are great.

LOG4OM is really a great software and I am sharing your goal to make it one of the top log software !
:)
73 de Don IK2EGL
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I don't understand the proper way to update QSL received Status. The QSL Assistant always seems to have the received fields disabled. These are the fields in the Information on the right upper side of the QSL Assistant window.

When I receive a new QSL card, what is the suggested way to update the received status? I thought it would have been by using this assistant. The manual says "This form enables the manual editing of a QSO QSL status." But it also says "This screen displays all the relevant information for the contact except for the QSL received status." so I am unclear.

Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 14:50 I don't understand the proper way to update QSL received Status. The QSL Assistant always seems to have the received fields disabled. These are the fields in the Information on the right upper side of the QSL Assistant window.

When I receive a new QSL card, what is the suggested way to update the received status? I thought it would have been by using this assistant. The manual says "This form enables the manual editing of a QSO QSL status." But it also says "This screen displays all the relevant information for the contact except for the QSL received status." so I am unclear.

Mike / KA4CDN
Did you watch the YouTube tutorial about managing qsl's?
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

HI Terry. Yes I watched the video. I am just confused on the purpose of the QSL Assistant as it seems to be tailor made for doing the updates. There are so many ways to accomplish tasks in Log4OM.

I'll continue to use the QSL Management.

Thanks for the wonderful program.

MIke
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 15:35 HI Terry. Yes I watched the video. I am just confused on the purpose of the QSL Assistant as it seems to be tailor made for doing the updates. There are so many ways to accomplish tasks in Log4OM.

I'll continue to use the QSL Management.

Thanks for the wonderful program.

MIke
Yes the QSL manager is the normal device for updating various methods of confirmation but although I never use it myself the QSL Assistant does fullfill some specific operations.

1) Update information using HAMQTH/QRZ.COM
2) View QRZ or HAMQTH websites
3) Edit QSL Message, QSL Information and Comment
4) VIEW received status
5) In the bottom right part set the QSL SENT STATUS, QSL SENT VIA and you can also set "TODAY as QSL SENT DATE"

The green V button will update QSL and go to the next one

Basically its there if you want it! Version 2 is significantly different in the way it handles confirmations!
73 Terry G4POP