CAT control

General discussions about Log4OM features
G7BZD
Novice Class

CAT control

Post by G7BZD »

Just wondered if theres a chance of making the CAT control cover more than 2 transceivers.
I just happen to have more than 2, unless theres an easier way to add more than 2.

Phil - G7BZD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT control

Post by G4POP »

The updated Omnirig provides for 4 radios and each can be individually named, it's just a case of Lele getting around to adding this new facility- Please don't ask when? As I don't have any idea!
73 Terry G4POP
G7BZD
Novice Class

Post by G7BZD »

Ahh, OK, sounds like its on the list anyway.

Just have 2x FT847's and a FT1000MP MK5.
Am doing it at the moment by just switching com ports. So can cope for now.
Got to get the microphone sorted now, across the 3 radios.

Many thanks.

Phil - G7BZD
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

This question is related to CAT control but not the original OPs question on multiple rigs.

It seems that when double clicking on a spot to put the rig on the spotted station, the sequence is to set the mode followed by the frequency. Is it possible to change that order or have it configurable? (If not, perhaps a feature for V2?).

The reason I'd like to change the order is the following. I am interfaced to a Yaesu FTdx3000. When switching bands it remembers the last mode selected for that band. (Actually it has three 'memories' per band called stacked vfos). So the issue with sending the mode prior to the band is that now the rig has memorized that mode for the frequency it was on before QSYing. For example, I'm in the CW portion of 40m. I see a spot for 20m in SSB band plan. Double click on that spot. Rig changes mode then band. After finishing with the spotted station, I change the rig back to 40m to return to where I was, the mode is now USB and not CW where I left off.

Boy it is a little thing hi hi. But would be nice.

Thank you and 73 from a Log4OM fan boy,
Mike / KA4CDN
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Mike,

Are you using OmniRig for CAT? Assuming you are, I am not seeing that behavior. I use OmniRig on a IC-7600 and it has a similar 3 stack VFO memory. If I am on say 20m FT8 - 14,074 USB-D1 mode - and I double click on a 30m CW spot, the radio QSY's to 30m and CW, as expected. If I then manually press the 14 MHz button on the radio, it returns me to 14,074 and USB-D1 mode - which was the last stacked 20m VFO used. I don't remember the order of the OmniRig commands, but that it not something which is configurable within OmniRig or Log4OM. In any case, my 7600 is not exhibiting the behavior which you describe. That may be due to how the 7600 firmware operates.

Daniel (program author) may be able to chime in and tell us if the order of Freq/mode could be changed in code.

I hope that helps.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thank you Doug/W7DRM for your comments. Yes, I am using omnirig. I would assume that as Log4OM sends CAT commands to omnirig, that omnirig relays them out in the same order as received. The fact you see something different is interesting. Log4OM doesn't know the type of rig in so far as CAT. At least that is my understanding when using omnirig.

As I said, not a big thing at all. But now I'm more intrigued than before hi hi. More testing needed. I'm using the rs-232 serial port on the rig so I guess I could snoop and see the command sequence but that is the only reason I can think of for the behavior.

Mike / KA4CDN