Problems on initial install

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
na6o
Novice Class

Problems on initial install

Post by na6o »

Evaluating Log4OM, fresh download and install on Win7. Looks promising, hope this works out.

A few problems:
1. Every launch generates dialog: Could not find file ...\Roaming\Log4OM\resourcestrings.xml
2. File >> New Database generates dialog: Could not find file ...\Roaming\Log4OM\LogOM.SQLite
...so it's impossible to create a new log.

-Gary NA6O
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problems on initial install

Post by KI5IO »

Gary,

Welcome aboard to V1 of Log4OM. We're deep into Beta testing of V2 and that is around the corner.

Regardless ... in case you have not done so yet, download the Log4OM Quick Start guide and read through that. There may be something you overlooked during your installation and might be noted in the guide.

Here is the URL to get you to the page to download the guide as well as the main Users Guide.

http://www.log4om.com/dl/
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

na6o wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 00:52 1. Every launch generates dialog: Could not find file ...\Roaming\Log4OM\resourcestrings.xml
2. File >> New Database generates dialog: Could not find file ...\Roaming\Log4OM\LogOM.SQLite
Sounds like you could have a bad install or download, try a fresh download and install as per page 1 of the quick stat guide to 'Run as an administrator'
73 Terry G4POP
na6o
Novice Class

Post by na6o »

I went through the entire download and install process 3 times. Same result. It simply doesn’t install the missing files.

Gary NA6O
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

na6o wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 15:56 I went through the entire download and install process 3 times. Same result. It simply doesn’t install the missing files.

Gary NA6O
Turn off all of your anti virus software, firewalls, malware protection and windows defender, CCleaner, I think the file is being blocked during install
73 Terry G4POP
na6o
Novice Class

Post by na6o »

I made sure NOTHING like that is active. Same result. Guess the installer doesn't like me. I have another machine I'll try installing on, just to see if there is a difference there.

-Gary NA6O
na6o
Novice Class

Post by na6o »

I figured it out. My security model is that my operating account is User level only. Installs require permission from an Admin account. So the required files were only installed in the appdata/roaming/Log4OM directory of the admin account. Moving the files over fixed it. All's well now.

-Gary NA6O
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Thanks for letting us know
73 Terry G4POP