Callsign look with WSJT-X

vk7yum
Advanced Class

Callsign look with WSJT-X

Post by vk7yum »

Hi

I am having a problem with getting callsigns entered in WSJT-X transferring to Log4OM V2.
I have read page 134 of the manual and followed it step by step but I cannot get the callsign to go to Log4OM :cry:

My settings are
settings 1.jpg
settings 1.jpg (67.89 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
settings 2.jpg
settings 2.jpg (58.99 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
FWIW, logging a call via v2 will show in v1 so I must be kinda on the right track.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers
David
VK7YUM
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Callsign look with WSJT-X

Post by IW3HMH »

Are you receiving new QSO and the issue is only on receiving callsign from JT, or you cannot receive anything from JT?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

vk7yum wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 06:45 Hi

I am having a problem with getting callsigns entered in WSJT-X transferring to Log4OM V2.
I have read page 134 of the manual and followed it step by step but I cannot get the callsign to go to Log4OM :cry:
for what its worth, I had this same problem yesterday. for me, it turned out that I had the usual typing and finger troubles and the port numbers in WSJT-X and Log4om did not match. I might be worth deleting them from both places and starting over.

regards
John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have just double checked that it is working and here is a screen shot of during the lookup and after being logged, same settings as in user guide!

WSJT action.jpg
WSJT action.jpg (120.28 KiB) Viewed 5688 times
73 Terry G4POP
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi Daniele/John
Are you receiving new QSO and the issue is only on receiving callsign from JT, or you cannot receive anything from JT?
If I type (or double click) a callsign into the WSJT-X DX Call field it does not transfer to the Log4OM v2 window. :( WSJT-X works fine just doesn't transfer to Log4OM. Fwiw, if I click on log qso in WSJT-X, it does log it (into both v2 and v1)

Thanks John but I tried deleting them and starting fresh, reboot machine after deleting them, cut and paste from the pdf file, considerable amounts of swearing and cursing, several cups of coffee and walking away, none of them made the slightest difference unfortunately. I'll pull out some more hair and have another go at it this morning - right after another coffee :)

Cheers
David
VK7YUM
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi David,

I understand the issue. The DX call field from WSJTx is not making it into Log4OM V2 Callsign field. Your settings look correct, so its something else blocking the UDP messages. I have the same settings and it is working fine here.

Are you using OmniRig? If so, you need to be running both Log4OM and WSJTx with Administrative privileges. If that does not solve the issue, try a reboot of your computer... when all else fails.

If that does not solve the issue, would you please generate a support request - follow the procedure in the manual - after trying to replicate the problem.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi Doug,

Just about to leave for work but should be home in a couple of hours - will try your suggestion and get back :)

cheers
David
VK7YUM
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

vk7yum wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 22:15 Hi Doug,

Just about to leave for work but should be home in a couple of hours - will try your suggestion and get back :)

cheers
David
VK7YUM
Hello David. Apologies for the mis leading info I posted earlier... I misunderstood what it was you were having problems with. I now understand that it the "lookup" as per the last 2 lines of page 134 of the user manual. My "auto lookup" also does not work either.
HB9GVJ
Novice Class

Post by HB9GVJ »

For me it works using gridtracker in the middle. See my workflow description here : https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4339
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

Hey all,

Like VK7YUM I have tried everything to get he DX call field from WSJTx making it into Log4OM V2 Callsign field. I can see with David's settings, in the user guide the secondary UDP should be port: 2333 and the UDP Server port: 2237. David's are around the other way. I don't think this an issue? I have tired both combinations and no matter what I do when i select a contact to work in WSJT-X the call sign is not passed over to Log4OM V2 for lookup.

I am only running WSJT-X and Log4OM V2, no other application like Log4OM V1, Gridtracker or JTAlert is running. Radio connection to WSJT-X is via Omnirig however this should have no impact on the issue.

I've checked windows firewall settings and everything is set to allow.

Has anyone solved this issue as yet?

Regards
Phil - VK1HX