V1 ADIF Export Settings

NS8K
Advanced Class

V1 ADIF Export Settings

Post by NS8K »

When exporting an ADIF file from V1, there are a couple options that can be set but I cannot find what is recommended. Here's the export window.
ADIF Export.png
ADIF Export.png (12.88 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
I have found where ADIF Ver 3x is recommended but what do I do with the Export only standard ADIF fields? Selecting and not selecting this checkbox results in the export file being a different size so it does something. What is recommended here?

Thanks
73 - Tom NS8K
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: V1 ADIF Export Settings

Post by KI5IO »

NS8K wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 23:09 When exporting an ADIF file from V1, there are a couple options that can be set but I cannot find what is recommended. Here's the export window.

ADIF Export.png

I have found where ADIF Ver 3x is recommended but what do I do with the Export only standard ADIF fields? Selecting and not selecting this checkbox results in the export file being a different size so it does something. What is recommended here?

Thanks
Tom,

Version 3 ADIF provides all the available data and thus more data for input to V2 which is of value. If I recall Terry Genes has commented about this somewhere on the V2 Forum or even in one of his YouTube videos.

Here is a link to The Independent ADIF Site: https://www.adif.org/

Danielle and Terry have been very focused on using the most current ADIF standards and the ADIF 3 specification is the most current.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

Nolan,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Version 3x being preferred, Terry has that is documented in the user manual. My question was about the checkbox "Export only standard ADIF fields". I have run the export with and without this box checked and the resulting files are different. I've looked at those rather quickly and this is added to the end of each record when the box is not checked.

<CLUBLOG_QSO_UPLOAD_STATUS:1>N <HRDLOG_QSO_UPLOAD_STATUS:1>N <QRZCOM_QSO_UPLOAD_STATUS:1>N <APP_LOG4OM_VALIDATED_CALLSIGN:1>Y
<APP_LOG4OM_MANUAL_DATETIME:1>N <APP_LOG4OM_MOBILE:1>N <APP_LOG4OM_QRP:1>N <APP_LOG4OM_PORTABLE:1>N <APP_LOG4OM_MY_ANTENNA:21>TA-33 & 80 Meter Loop <APP_LOG4OM_CONTEST:1>N <EOR>

It seems to me this data should be included in the export to make the imported V1 QSOs complete.

Perhaps it should be recommended that this box NOT be checked when exporting from V1.
73 - Tom NS8K
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Export standard ADIF fields - Exports the basic set of ADIF fields does not include program specific fields which are not included in the ADIF standard.

Simplified ADIF - A very basic subset of the standard ADIF fields intended for some external programs that cant handle the latest ADIF specifications

If you are exporting with the intension of importing the file to Log4OM version 2 please follow the instructions we provide and export an ADIF 3 file and ignore the two selections above.
73 Terry G4POP