ADIF Import Descrepancy

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

ADIF Import Descrepancy

Post by WA2SQQ »

My V1 database had 5255 QSO's. The import to V2 appeared to go OK and I saw the import completed message in the scrolling window. I did notice that the green status bar was only at about 90%, and stayed there. V2 now shows 4855 QSO's that were imported.

Should I delete the imported database and try again? Also should the option to "correct countries have been checked?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Import Descrepancy

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 17:23 My V1 database had 5255 QSO's. The import to V2 appeared to go OK and I saw the import completed message in the scrolling window. I did notice that the green status bar was only at about 90%, and stayed there. V2 now shows 4855 QSO's that were imported.

Should I delete the imported database and try again? Also should the option to "correct countries have been checked?
Yes try again

Because the ADIF is from version 1 I would not check the correct countries check box
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

NG Terry
I'm still seeing the QSO totals coming up short by more than 500+
Country checking was not checked.
What's interesting is that it showed that 5266 was imported, but the QSO totals in lower left of the main screen falls short
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Email me your ADIF file please
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
I think I figured it out. Not sure if there is a way I can get around this. Saw a message for many QSO's that said "failed constraints" QSO Date ... during the import process
I had many QSO's that were imported from another program for which I had missing data, dates freqs and others. I have been filling in the missing data from paper logs. I suspect the descrepancy is those QSO's that having one or more missing fields. Is there a way to have V2 ignore missing data? There is a call for every QSO.

I'll look up your e-mail and send you the V1 ADIF file i just a few minutes
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

ADIF sent, with some additional info
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK having checked the ADIF file that you sent me there are many QSO's without band or frequency which will not be imported.

I suggest that you amend the QSO's in V1 as follows

Sort parameter Band - Equal to (Leave the value field empty) this will sort all QSO's that have nothing in the band field

Now bulk edit those QSO's to have a common band, preferably one you never use

Make a new export ADIF in version 3 adif format and try a new import into Log4OM Version 2

At some later time perhaps you can locate the QSL cards and change to the correct band info
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

So noted
So is the missing "band" field the only one that will cause this problem? The answer is, as I expected. I have all the missing info in paper logs so its just a matter of the time to edit them. THANKS very much for taking the time to check and explain
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 22:57 So noted
So is the missing "band" field the only one that will cause this problem? The answer is, as I expected. I have all the missing info in paper logs so its just a matter of the time to edit them. THANKS very much for taking the time to check and explain
Have to admit that band was the predominant one but make sure you have Dates - Time - Call sign - Band - Mode and if possible RST sent and received although thats not critical for import it could be for confirmations
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
Last night while operating the AM Rally. I decided to clean up the ADIF file, as per your instructions. I can't thank you enough for your suggestions and guidance. After about 2 hours of work the exported numbers now totally agree with the imported QSO's. I'm now officially running V2.

I have a few questions that I have not yet discovered how to make happen.
1. How can I have the DX Cluster automatically connect when V2 boots up? Currently I need to click the "Connect"
2. How can I have the DX cluster display all band. Right now it only displays what the filter has selected. V1 had an "open" spot that displayed all bands
3. How can LOG4OM open the stations QRZ page? Seems like that option was dropped and it now imports some of the stations data.
4. You previously commented not to use the "Country Correction" for the import function. Just curious what that actually does? You also suggested that I save the file in ADIF 3 format. If these are preferred, shouldn't the be the defaults?
5. So right now LOTW uploads when I shut down. If I disable that option, will V2 allow me to manually upload, as V1 allowed?

Again, MANY THANKS! You guys are SUPER!