Modes category

M0QVE
Novice Class

Modes category

Post by M0QVE »

Don't you think by moving FT-4 and FT-8 from phone mode to digital. It would look better on the cluster? But this is just mine opinion...
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Modes category

Post by KD0ZV »

Its not as black and white as you think and nearly impossible to categorize perfectly. The logging program has no way of knowing what every mode is.

There is a setting in Log4OM that allows you to control what band segments are what mode and overwrite FT8, etc for common FT8 frequencies but for the life of me I cant remember where its at.

Maybe someone will chime in with where that is and if I find it, I will post back.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

There is an XML file in your user settings folder user\appdata\roaming\log4om2

I think Doug told me that something else plays into this so as I said above hopefully they will chime in.

Good luck :)
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
PA1WBU
Novice Class

Post by PA1WBU »

M0QVE wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 22:58 Don't you think by moving FT-4 and FT-8 from phone mode to digital. It would look better on the cluster? But this is just mine opinion...
And mine ;-)
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Your´s ? ... Simple, check out your settings for the region. PA is in region 1 as DL too. If there´s another
bandplan in PA active then in the rest of the R1 region we can have a bandplan for a special DXCC like
bandplan_dxcc263.xml ... (PA). If no one exist you can do any changes in bandplan_r1.xml and save it as the dxcc
bandplan. This "user" related bandplans will not be overwritten with a new L4O update. That´s the way
you can use ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PA1WBU
Novice Class

Post by PA1WBU »

You just beat me to it, I just found the XML config files. I need to carefully check what / how to change it to get the desired result.