Mode USB/LSB - SSB

General discussions V2
ik6zdf
Novice Class

Mode USB/LSB - SSB

Post by ik6zdf »

Hi,

..question...

If I insert the Phone QSO from the cluster window .... I find in the QSO window as Mode USB or LSB ... according to the band plan ..

Is it possible to set (to force) the SSB mode (not USB / LSB) for PHONE QSOs ???

I have set in "user preference" only the SSB mode, but no way..

Any suggest???

Thanks
Giac
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Re: Mode USB/LSB - SSB

Post by PC9DB »

I would like to know that too.

V1 seemed to log with mode "SSB" and V2 with "LSB or USB" depending on band. Therefore the "new mode" is constantly yellow in the statistics field (F1) after importing a log made in V1.

Either logging as standard with SSB mode or updating the mode in the QSO's already in log would trigger the "new mode" light to go grey (*edit: the right color) when making a QSO.

Maybe someone knows how to do one of these suggestions???

Mark de PC9DB
N4IQ
Novice Class

Post by N4IQ »

I would like an answer to this question, as well.

The F1 Statistics mode status bars do not display properly when a cluster phone spot is double clicked and the mode is inserted as LSB or USB (in the logging area). To get Mode in Statistics (tab F!) to display correctly, I must manually change the inserted mode to SSB so that the LSB and USB spots are treated as phone. Once I do this, the Mode status bars correctly display with the proper statistics.

In Version 1 we could assign LSB, SSB, USB etc as PHONE. I see no way to do this in Version 1. I looked at the LOG4om configuration files and did not see anything that would allow me to do this. Minor problem but slightly annoying.

While I am here, I want to say I LOVE V2!! I just finished setting it up and becoming familiar with it. Both similar and different from what I was used to, but love the new features, appearance and functionality. Great job!

Appreciate a reply if anyone has suggestions for my "problem"?

73 Bill N4iQ
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

If you are bored trying changing your band plan XML file to SSB instead of LSB or USB on one band and do a test QSO and see how it reacts.

I would think since V1 contacts work fine this would too.

Example section below.

Version 2 must aggregate the LSB and USB to phone to SSB anyway.

JUST A GUESS :)

-<BandPlanRange>

<Band>40m</Band>

<Start>7150</Start>

<End>7300</End>

<EmissionType>PHONE</EmissionType>

<ModulationType>LSB</ModulationType>

</BandPlanRange>
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
N4IQ
Novice Class

Post by N4IQ »

Rich - thanks for replying to my question. In V1 I knew how to access and change the XL file but in V2 I see no way find the XL file to do the "mapping" as you describe. How do I get to the XML file in V2?

Thanks - Bill N4iQ
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Bill,

Its located at \users\username\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\bandplan

There should be an XML file with your DXCC entity number (291) in it

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
N4IQ
Novice Class

Post by N4IQ »

Thanks for your reply. I also found the folder for the files under HELP > OPEN CONFIG FILES. I had forgotten that was a way to get to the config files.

I made the changes you suggested and no go. Also, in a long shot, changed the R1, R2, R3 XML files as you suggested.

I think the problem is that Tab 1 Statistics does not recognize USB and LSB as being Phone Emission contacts. It does recognize SSB as being a Phone contact, but I have to select this manually after USB or LSB is in Mode entry field.

I tried changing the modelist.CSV file entry for usb and lsb. I eliminated LSB AND USB lines and added two SSB line entries with the submode being LSB and USB as in V1. This worked - TAB1 Statistics then displays the [QSL] [EQSL] [LOTW] Mode status correctly when clicking on a cluster phone spot, but then no mode is displaying at all in Mode entry field for the selected cluster spot. I had hoped it would display SSB. All the other modes work fine: i.e. if I click on a digital or cw contact on the cluster, the F! Statistics Mode status will display correctly. This is true with or without the Modelist.csv file being changed. However, if the selected cluster spot is digital or cw, then the Mode status is correct. One more way of saying this is: if the Mode Entry on the left of the main screen shows anything other than LSB or USB, F! TabMode status works ok; if LSB or USB is in the Mode entry field, F! Mod status does not display correctly (i.e. nothing - it is white).

Bottom line: Tab F! should recognize USB or LSB in the Mode entry field as being a Phone Emission.

Don't know how to explain this in any other way.

73 Bill N4iQ
N4IQ
Novice Class

Post by N4IQ »

I think I am looking at this feature incorrectly and it is functioning correctly. Tab F1 Statistics give the status as country, band and mode for the three confirmation methods - QSL, EQSL and LOTW. For MODE, it is doing exactly that - it is not giving the status for the three Emissions, i.e. CW, Digital and phone. While I think status by Emission would be more useful, other users may prefer the status by the actual mode - FT4, PSK31, LSB, USB, etc. Guess the LOG4om team thought about this and decided on Mode - not Emission: a design decision. However, it would be nice to have a fourth status column - Country, Band, Mode and EMISSION. HINT HINT.

Having said all this, I LOVE VERSION 2!

Bill N4iQ
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

N4IQ wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 12:01 I think I am looking at this feature incorrectly and it is functioning correctly. Tab F1 Statistics give the status as country, band and mode for the three confirmation methods - QSL, EQSL and LOTW. For MODE, it is doing exactly that - it is not giving the status for the three Emissions, i.e. CW, Digital and phone. While I think status by Emission would be more useful, other users may prefer the status by the actual mode - FT4, PSK31, LSB, USB, etc. Guess the LOG4om team thought about this and decided on Mode - not Emission: a design decision. However, it would be nice to have a fourth status column - Country, Band, Mode and EMISSION. HINT HINT.

Having said all this, I LOVE VERSION 2!

Bill N4iQ
I think I am following what you are saying. But the F1 tab for Statistics does not show status on the modes. It's worked only. I have talked about this in another thread. "NEW ONE" does not take into consideration the status either. It means its unworked regardless of confirmation status.

I personally hope they change it so NEW ONE is flagged for unconfirmed and not unworked and would be nice if the round indicators for mode and bands would be yellow for worked and green for confirmed/verified. But in all fairness that info is shown on most screens on the right.

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
N4IQ
Novice Class

Post by N4IQ »

OK Rich -
I understand that the bottom half of F! that shows PH CW DIG and the bands is for worked only. What I am referring to is just above that - Country Band Mode and QSL EQSL and LOTW. Why would these confirmation methods be shown if they are only for worked and not status? I entered a number of calls for various countries, mode and bands resulting in QSL, EQSL and LOTW changing color according to status (not only worked). I verified this by changing the VIEW setting for the status matrix on the bottom right of the main tab F6 (and F8) for LOTW, EQL QSL. I may be missing the big picture - not the first time.

Where else in the forum have you discussed this? I probably need to read it.

Bill