Alert Emails?

w9mdb
Old Man

Alert Emails?

Post by w9mdb »

Does V2 have the capability for emailing alerts like V1 had? I use that extensively.

I don't see it anywhere....

de Mike W9MDB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Alert Emails?

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Mike,

if don´t see it in the manual and not in alert settings it´s not implemented yet. But there´s the
possibility to run V1/V2 at same time. UDP ADIF support makes it possible. But you have to disable
the cluster in V2 and only one should send uploads to external services. We have done so when we
are in the earlier phases of alpha testing but now i´m strictly only use V2. In V1 i also don´t have
setted up email alerts so no test possible for me ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Mike,

In case you want use V2 and have email alerts, I think that a good option is use HamAlert . An external service but for me works fine.

HamAlert : https://hamalert.org/about

While we do not have it on V2, HamAlert could help a bit.

And by the way, have you tested alerts for a NEW IOTA? (never worked before) :?:
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Doesn't look like Hamalert does what I want which is to notify on any country/band/mode that I need.

I've already built a program in between Log4OM (V1 or V2) that caches and filters bad spots before sending to Log4OM that I just might extend to do the log check and email alert too. Sending email from C# is pretty easy now.

public static void Email(string htmlString) {
try {
MailMessage message = new MailMessage();
SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient();
message.From = new MailAddress("FromMailAddress");
message.To.Add(new MailAddress("ToMailAddress"));
message.Subject = "Test";
message.IsBodyHtml = true; //to make message body as html
message.Body = htmlString;
smtp.Port = 587;
smtp.Host = "smtp.gmail.com"; //for gmail host
smtp.EnableSsl = true;
smtp.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
smtp.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("FromMailAddress", "password");
smtp.DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.Network;
smtp.Send(message);
} catch (Exception) {}
}
EA3IFV
Novice Class

Post by EA3IFV »

Hamalert does exactly what you want but first you need to upload your logs to Clublog and Hamalert will get your statistics from there. Once that is done you can set Hamalert to receive an alert for new DXCC, slots or whatever filter criteria you can think of. Actually it works much better than cluster because you only get what you need so it is much more efficient. They have a telnet option that I still need to try from Log4OMv2. If that works I may end up using the cluster utility in Log4OM as a telnet client to Hamalert.