Cluster: Hide worked->Keep mode

V2 error reports
KA4CDN
Old Man

Cluster: Hide worked->Keep mode

Post by KA4CDN »

Something not right. The Checkbox control remains active even if the Hide worked Checkbox is deselected. Not clear how this effects displayed spots but operation seems inconsistent with the Keep bands Checkbox control. In additions it is different than how V1 worked, perhaps by design but not sure.

Mike
Awesome s/w - great job dev. team.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster: Hide worked->Keep mode

Post by KD0ZV »

How it is supposed to work is.

Hide worked on its own removes all worked countries if you have worked them on ANY band or mode. Actually to be clear its not actually worked but dependent on what is under your view tab. I consider worked/complete when I have LOTW confirmation for that country so that is what I have checked.

So anyway, the keep bands allows you turn turn back on the countries you have not worked on the band they were spotted on. The keep mode works in same manner if you need that country on that mode.

As far as the check mark, it really has no effect. I am not sure why it stays that way. Probably just an over-site.

Hope that made sense.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: Cluster: Hide worked->Keep mode

Post by KA4CDN »

Roger. I understand how it works. It is just a minor bug in the GUI.
The "Keep mode on band" control should be set to inactive just as the "Keep bands" control is whenever the "Hide worked" is Unchecked or when "Keep bands" is Unchecked.
It should be active only when both "Hide worked" and "Keep bands" are in checked state.

Very minor and should be easy to fix. Same logic as V1. I just wasn't sure if the minor bug related just to the controls but also to the data displayed, hence my question.

Mike
PS - thank you for all your comments and assistance.