Initial findings

General discussions V2
5b4aix
Novice Class

Initial findings

Post by 5b4aix »

L4om, is really great program, and the team have have worked tirelessly to incorporate as many facilities to cover most peoples needs in an an all mode logging /rig control application. I have been using V1 since the early days . V2 is a great leap forward. I have but a couple of minor issues , but enough for me to revert back to V1 for the time being. I find entering the the callsign just a tad slow, it can get quite busy here in Cyprus in the way of pile-ups so when i hit enter that call needs to be logged immediately as i have 2 or 3 callsigns in mind to input, nothing worse than hitting enter and typing next call to find previous one still not logged , it can sometimes take 2-10 secs for it to go.which is much to slow for me , I only use phone. of course it may have nothing to do with the program itself. I also,not so importantly miss the Cluster scanner which graphically showed +/- 15khz of the spotted stations so you can see if a spare spot where one can put out a cq call. V2 now has the Qso info(as requested) , but preferred V1 where it was located as the first view. I'll be interested on the responses from Contesters/DX stations on ssb for their findings. Hints/Tips will be appreciated,(running windows 10 ,intel core dual 3.0ghz processor 8gb ram. FT2000D Serial RS232 using omnirig, SQlite) Still the greatest free logging program available regardless..5B60AIX, 5B4AIX/C4DX/G0DXC, exC5DXC
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Initial findings

Post by KD0ZV »

5b4aix wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 15:30 I also,not so importantly miss the Cluster scanner which graphically showed +/- 15khz of the spotted stations so you can see if a spare spot where one can put out a cq call.
Have you tried the bandmap? That is the replacement. I am hoping for some improvements with that in the future but take a look there if you havent.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team