A Callsign is stuck on my screen

WB8ASI
Advanced Class

A Callsign is stuck on my screen

Post by WB8ASI »

Worked a station a few days ago, and now he seems to be stuck on my screen. I can clear him, and I can enter other callsigns, and everything working fine. Just whenever I dial to a new frequency, the same guy pops back into the display. I even tried downloading V2 fresh, and that same guy is still there. How do I clear him out? Tired of seeing the same callsign and same face. 73, Herb WB8ASI
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Re: A Callsign is stuck on my screen

Post by WB8ASI »

I was able to eliminate the problem by disconnecting OmniRig. Guess I now need to figure out the proper way to set up OmniRig. Herb
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Are you using FT8?
73 Terry G4POP
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Yes I am using FT8. Was using the same COM port for both OmniRig and WSJT. Got things disconnected now, and working my way back to get OmniRig working. Do I need to install V2 as Admin?? I've checked User Guide and your YouTube video. OmniRig is new territory for me, and still not exactly sure about COM ports. Thanks, Herb WB8ASI.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I think the call sign is coming from WSJT, download the latest log4om user guide and check your set ups
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Herb,

No you do not need to install Log4OM V2, OmniRig or WSJT-x as an Admin.

I've had to edit/remove my comment about running the APPs with Admin Privileges. My luck ran out today (Sunday afternoon) and now I'm having to run OmniRig with Admin privileges. Not sure how I got away with it for several months, but my luck ran out today.

Likely some gremlin in MS Windows tweaking something. :(
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Thanks. There is some bug in WSJT as Terry surmised. I set everything back up. It worked perfectly for awhile, but I left the shack to shovel some snow, and when I returned same Callsign reappeared out of nowhere into my Log4OM V2 screen. I've shutdown WSJT and now all is well. It's CW weekend, so I'll troubleshoot FT8 another day. OmniRig and Log4OM V2 seem to like each other so I'm in business. 73, Herb
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WB8ASI wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 20:56 Thanks. There is some bug in WSJT as Terry surmised. I set everything back up. It worked perfectly for awhile, but I left the shack to shovel some snow, and when I returned same Callsign reappeared out of nowhere into my Log4OM V2 screen. I've shutdown WSJT and now all is well. It's CW weekend, so I'll troubleshoot FT8 another day. OmniRig and Log4OM V2 seem to like each other so I'm in business. 73, Herb
Run Omnirig as an administrator to allow it to multi thread properly
73 Terry G4POP
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Just a quick followup to my problem with the "stuck callsign". I found a setting in WSJT (file>settings>reporting) where there is a checkbox to "Clear DX call and grid after logging". I had it unchecked so I would still have the callsign readily still available in the "Generate Std Msgs" case I needed a quick repeat message at the end of a troublesome QSO. So this must be why I couldn't let go of the callsign. Box is now check and all is well. P.S. OmniRig won't work for me as "running as admin", but seems to be doing a fine job now as is. 73, Herb WB8ASI