Program Won't Shut Down

ai4gk
Novice Class

Program Won't Shut Down

Post by ai4gk »

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, or if I should just reinstall the program, but it is not completely shutting down. It's stuck at "Shutting down Log4OM application". I have a jpg of this, but can't seem to post it here.

Regards,

Dan AI4GK
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Program Won't Shut Down

Post by KI5IO »

ai4gk wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 19:25 I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, or if I should just reinstall the program, but it is not completely shutting down. It's stuck at "Shutting down Log4OM application". I have a jpg of this, but can't seem to post it here.

Regards,

Dan AI4GK
Dan,

Does the scrolling text in the shut-down window freeze or stall and then not process anymore? Or ... does it eventually clear/close down the shut-down window on its own?

The scrolling text in the close-down windows is part of the normal operation of V2, but once complete it clears off your desktop screen.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ai4gk
Novice Class

Post by ai4gk »

I figured it out! I had some QSOs in my log that were from an old call sign, and were outside the valid dates of my current call. When Log4OM tried to upload them to LOTW, it hiccuped and ended up freezing the program. I deleted the offending QSOs and it all works nicely and smoothly now. So, that's a question to ask some other OM who has problems with his Log4OM freezing on exit. 🤓
Ki4P
Novice Class

Post by Ki4P »

done that on me also, on my adif import from dx labs dx keeper all or most of my files are marked with requested or no, so when you set up log4 to auto upload to LOTW it sees these and hangs, looking for a global way to set the sent column to yes, oh well, for now doing a manual upload to LOTW!
Thanks
Richard