FTDX101 and Omnirig

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

FTDX101 and Omnirig

Post by G4POP »

Please be aware that there is an error in the Omnirig ini file for this radio which caused the frequency to be incorrect.

Until Omnirig resolve this FTDX101 users should select the FT991 ini file which seems to work fine.
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Re: FTDX101 and Omnirig

Post by K9IUQ »

There is a problem using the 991 file also. Using this ini file, the LOG4OM will not read the mode correctly from the radio unless you put the call in LOG4OM using the cluster. I found this out the hard way after I made 6 or 7 QSOes and they were not the mode I was using. Also LOg4OM locks the mode box when CAT is used, So you can't change the mode until you log the Qso. I tried the Omni Rig FT-101 ini file and like you noticed it does work correctly. My radio is the FTDX-101MP, not the D model.

Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

There is now a modified ini file, this is from Alex VE3NEA of Omnirig

"Recently Björn SM7IUN provided an improved version of the ini file for ftdx-101. Please download the latest rig ini files from my web site:

http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip

and put them in the Rigs sub-folder of the OmniRig folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs

73 Alex vE3NEA
"
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

I had been using the modified file, to be sure I re-downloaded. It does the same thing. I have a FTDX-101MP. Using Omnirig with the FTDX-101D Omnirig ini file dated 10-07-19.

Both the CAT VFO readouts in LOG4OM work perfect, turn the dial and the readouts follow. Change bands and the VFO readouts follow.

The problem is in the F1 Logger QSO Window. The band box does not follow the vfo nor does the Freq readout window in the QSO window read the VFO freq. HOWEVER if I click on a spot in the F9 Cluster both the Freq readout window and the band window follow perfectly.

Since the F1 QSO window bandbox is greyed out when CAT is enabled I can't change the band UNTIL I log the QSO and edit. Quite unhandy.

Since I have used LOG4OM with other radios and with no issues the problem must be the OMNIrig file? Note I have also tried the FT-991 OMNIRIG file and get the same issue.

Stan K9IUQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I assume that you have contacted Alex of Omnirig about this?
73 Terry G4POP
K9IUQ
Novice Class

Post by K9IUQ »

No I have not notified anyone except posting here. I bought the radio the first week of November and had to send it back to Yaesu for a Factory Update. I just got the radio back yesterday.

UPDATE, I just tried the FT-991 ini Omnirig file with my FTDX-101MP and it now works perfectly with LOg4OM. However the modified FTDX101D ini file works as I described in my above post.

I will continue using the FT-991 ini file since it now works perfectly with LOG4OM. I have it set for 8N1,DTR Low, RTS Handshake.

Stan K9IUQ
VE2PMV
New user

Post by VE2PMV »

Hello Stan (K9IUQ) and everybody else. The rig here it's a FTdx101D and I'm using Omnirig for CAT control. Both, the FT991 or FTDX101 .ini files are partially working for me. Even though I did set up Omnirig with the same settings as suggested by you Stan, (8N1,DTR Low, RTS Handshake). The main problem persisting is that when I do click on a spot shown in the cluster, the radio will tune the given frequency but offset by about 1 or 2 Khz randomly. But the weird thing is that this is not happening always with all the spotted stations on the cluster and sometimes it is tuning the radio right on the frequency shown on the cluster. I'm just wondering what else I could be doing differently that you Stan, so I'm not having the perfect results you do with the FT991.ini file. What about the Poll Int and Timeout values in "ms" Stan?. Anyways I will appreciate any advise or help given by you Stan or anybody else to get this fantastic software Log4OM controling via CAT this fantastic rig. Thanks in advance.

Rodolfo.-VA2VG
w4pg
Novice Class

Post by w4pg »

Anyone know if the Omnirig issue has been fixed? I am thinking of getting an FTdx101D and just checking.

.................Bob
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

I'm using the FTdx101MP with Omnirig and no problems at all, just use the FTdx101D file and works like a charm :) To be fair I'm using Log4OM Version 2 though.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

mi0nwa wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 11:24 I'm using the FTdx101MP with Omnirig and no problems at all, just use the FTdx101D file and works like a charm :) To be fair I'm using Log4OM Version 2 though.
Omnirig functions fine with both Log4OM version 1 and version 2 providing the user uses Omnirig 1 release 1.19 and installs Omnirig and all associated software to run as an administrator.
73 Terry G4POP