Label Print, Step 2 (Print selection)

V2 error reports
N5HC
Novice Class

Label Print, Step 2 (Print selection)

Post by N5HC »

Using V2.3.0.0

Unable to Print DIRECT unless Print BUREAU is also selected.

Also the "PSE QSL(*)" is checked even thou the QSO's QSL received status is set to No.

This maybe a misunderstanding on my part, but I expected to see "PSE QSL(*)" printed only when the QSO's QSL received status is set to Requested.

Perhaps the Country (nnn) line is printed because of the Print BUREAU is also selected. Don't expect that when I print a DIRECT QSL.
73 de N5HC
/Conny
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Print, Step 2 (Print selection)

Post by KI5IO »

N5HC wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 16:56 Using V2.3.0.0

Unable to Print DIRECT unless Print BUREAU is also selected.

Also the "PSE QSL(*)" is checked even thou the QSO's QSL received status is set to No.

This maybe a misunderstanding on my part, but I expected to see "PSE QSL(*)" printed only when the QSO's QSL received status is set to Requested.

Perhaps the Country (nnn) line is printed because of the Print BUREAU is also selected. Don't expect that when I print a DIRECT QSL.
Conny,

Print DIRECT works just fine on my tests just now. Or ... are you saying that the mailing label is also not printed? If that is the case you have to also tic the box for the Print ADDRESS labels. Please clarify that for me.

PSE QSL and TNX QSL is on our list for future tweaks to V2 of Log4OM.

Country line being printed (or not) is a good suggestion.

You should put your list of suggestions together and enter into the Feature Suggestion topic here on the Log4OM2 Forum.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N5HC
Novice Class

Post by N5HC »

So in Label print Dialog I selected QSO Sent status = Queued and QSL Sent via = Direct
Did the search and confirmed the selection.

Routing Dialog now showed the QSO, but QSL Shipping method shows Bureau. Here I expected to see Direct as the QSL Sent via = Direct.

So I changed it to Direct instead of Bureau and clicked on print.

What I did not realize was that I need to click the green Check Mark in the upper right corner of the Routing screen. When I did, the background turns light green.
After I confirmed the change I can select "Print Direct" labels in the Print Dialog. And it print just fine as you mentioned.

So it was a user error on my behalf.

To avoid this (and for other user like me) it would be cool if the Routing Dialog background turned light red when you changed QSL shipping method, this indicating that you need to save/confirm your selection with the check mark.

Also a contributing factor for a first time user was that I only selected a single QSO. If had choosen more than a single QSO I would have explored away to see the rest of the QSO's. And that's where the ambiguity with the check mark played a role in my confusion.

Anyway, all is good now.
73 de N5HC
/Conny
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

N5HC wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 20:06 So in Label print Dialog I selected QSO Sent status = Queued and QSL Sent via = Direct
Did the search and confirmed the selection.

Routing Dialog now showed the QSO, but QSL Shipping method shows Bureau. Here I expected to see Direct as the QSL Sent via = Direct.

So I changed it to Direct instead of Bureau and clicked on print.

What I did not realize was that I need to click the green Check Mark in the upper right corner of the Routing screen. When I did, the background turns light green.
After I confirmed the change I can select "Print Direct" labels in the Print Dialog. And it print just fine as you mentioned.

So it was a user error on my behalf.

To avoid this (and for other user like me) it would be cool if the Routing Dialog background turned light red when you changed QSL shipping method, this indicating that you need to save/confirm your selection with the check mark.

Also a contributing factor for a first time user was that I only selected a single QSO. If had choosen more than a single QSO I would have explored away to see the rest of the QSO's. And that's where the ambiguity with the check mark played a role in my confusion.

Anyway, all is good now.
Conny,

No worries. I can assure you I had my struggles stepping through the label setup and print routes about 8-9 months ago. There are many tweaks that can be done as long as we hear about them and get them on our 'to do' list.

As I noted once you get settled with this task ... make a list and put it in the Feature Suggestion portion of the Forum. Makes it far easier to track that way.

Enjoy Log4OM2 ...
Plano, TX
EC6DX
Advanced Class

Post by EC6DX »

Hi,

Today I printed my firts Labels and I obtain in all of them PSE QSL when I have Received most of them.

Date is wrong position: 2018-11-27 ...

I readed before and I understand that is a mistake that it will be repared in a future version, isn´t it?

Well, I was checking all configuration and I did it as usual in V1 and as maual inform.

Best Regards

Jose EC6DX
EC6DX Balearic Islands
sp8sn
Novice Class

Post by sp8sn »

Hello.
I printed some labels today. They are all PSE QSL, although in the QSO data QSL receive = YES. Is it possible to change the settings so that the program takes into account QSL Receive status when printing labels?
73, Robert SP8SN
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I too have this problem. I don't want the QSL DIRECT and PSE(*) on the print. The QSO has QSL Info for QSL Rcvd set to No. How can I get rid of these?

Mike / KA4CDN
Log4OM ver: 2.5.0.0
User Manual: 27/04/2020 3:18 PM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KA4CDN wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 00:19 I too have this problem. I don't want the QSL DIRECT and PSE(*) on the print. The QSO has QSL Info for QSL Rcvd set to No. How can I get rid of these?

Mike / KA4CDN
Log4OM ver: 2.5.0.0
User Manual: 27/04/2020 3:18 PM
Mike,

Has been discussed many, many times here in the Forum. Adding such a change is on our list of future items.
We're focusing on higher priority items at the current time.

However ... Terry has provided a "work-a-round" you can use for the time being. I just did a search and found this link that had Terry's suggestion.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php? ... qsl#p28193
Plano, TX
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Tnx you. I'm sorry to have asked something that has had much discussion. I find searching this forum very difficult so thank you for the link.
Best 73,
Mike