+5 +15 +25 Signal reports

g1vwc
New user

+5 +15 +25 Signal reports

Post by g1vwc »

Is there a way I can record signal strength as say 59+5 or 59+15...?
(only occasionally would I get a station at 59+25 or higher!)

I do like to to make a note of those stations 'plus...and a bit' if I can, but perhaps I'm too picky :-)
Is that possible?

Many thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: +5 +15 +25 Signal reports

Post by G4POP »

g1vwc wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 16:25 Is there a way I can record signal strength as say 59+5 or 59+15...?
(only occasionally would I get a station at 59+25 or higher!)

I do like to to make a note of those stations 'plus...and a bit' if I can, but perhaps I'm too picky :-)
Is that possible?

Many thanks
In the folder C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2

You will find a file named rst.xml

Open the file in notepad and add the lines required

Now save the file to the same folder using 'Save As' and name it rst_user.xml

Restart Log4OM

By adding _user to the name it avoids the file being overwritten every time Log4OM is updated

"Too picky?" probably but who gives a dam? Log4OM is there to satisfy your requirements :D :D :D :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP
ah6fx
Advanced Class

Post by ah6fx »

Terry,

Good question by G1VWC. I have been secretly hoping for such function for several years.

Background before the good news story: ......... I followed your instructions using Windows 10 file explorer and clicking appropriate icons ... and could not find or create the path or find files from your suggested -- "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2" which did not show on my PC. [[[appdata did not show ... therefore roaming - no show ... therefore log4om2 - no show]]]

Then, after searching my hard drive - results did not show RST.xml. The only rst file is RSTControl.dll. Checking my Log4OM2 properties from desktop icon shows the exe and several dll, etc at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IW3HMH\Log4OM NextGen\L4ONG.exe"

GOOD NEWS ..... I am guessing files in your suggested path [[["C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2"]]] are hidden. Next I MANUALLY typed your file path into file explorer -- everything worked A-OK. Found and changed the RST files as suggested. I modified to include 59 reports from 5 to 40 over in increments of 5. Rebooted Log4OM2 and everything now is cool and groovy.

FYI -- Using Log4OM2 version 2.4.0.0 and ran updates. This was recently installed on a new Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Pro - version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - 64 bit w/Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3 GHz. No other programs were running except for Mozilla, and very few other programs were installed on the computer at that point except for Microsoft Office.

Thanks very much.

Danny
AH6FX/W4 - social distancing from Virginia

P.S. You recently helped me with the contest module. After following your suggestions ... it worked flawlessly during the recent CQWW SSB contest. Supurb 8-)
g1vwc
New user

Post by g1vwc »

Fantastic - that worked!!
Thank you for your help Terry - to be precise - you are 59+17.5 :lol: :D
Gair
G1VWC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ah6fx wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 16:22 Terry,

Good question by G1VWC. I have been secretly hoping for such function for several years.

Background before the good news story: ......... I followed your instructions using Windows 10 file explorer and clicking appropriate icons ... and could not find or create the path or find files from your suggested -- "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2" which did not show on my PC. [[[appdata did not show ... therefore roaming - no show ... therefore log4om2 - no show]]]

Then, after searching my hard drive - results did not show RST.xml. The only rst file is RSTControl.dll. Checking my Log4OM2 properties from desktop icon shows the exe and several dll, etc at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IW3HMH\Log4OM NextGen\L4ONG.exe"

GOOD NEWS ..... I am guessing files in your suggested path [[["C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2"]]] are hidden. Next I MANUALLY typed your file path into file explorer -- everything worked A-OK. Found and changed the RST files as suggested. I modified to include 59 reports from 5 to 40 over in increments of 5. Rebooted Log4OM2 and everything now is cool and groovy.

FYI -- Using Log4OM2 version 2.4.0.0 and ran updates. This was recently installed on a new Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Pro - version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - 64 bit w/Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3 GHz. No other programs were running except for Mozilla, and very few other programs were installed on the computer at that point except for Microsoft Office.

Thanks very much.

Danny
AH6FX/W4 - social distancing from Virginia

P.S. You recently helped me with the contest module. After following your suggestions ... it worked flawlessly during the recent CQWW SSB contest. Supurb 8-)
Danny,

This was always possible even in version 1 in the config expert window!

Your problem is because you need to set Windows to allow you to "view hidden files and folders" then you will be able to access the roaming folder from Windows explorer etc
73 Terry G4POP