LOG4OM version 1 problem opening program

GW0ANA
Novice Class

LOG4OM version 1 problem opening program

Post by GW0ANA »

Hello fellow LOG4OM version 1
Please help me, I want to upgrade to version 2 but today my LOG4OM version 1 will not open or load.
It only goes into a window like this
download/file.php?mode=view&id=3295
It reads: LOGOMUI Application Already Running ? continue
I click on ok but all it does is close the window but never opens the program, I have waited for an hour. I want to get it running to export my log. I have looked at Program Manager and it is not shown as running. I have re-booted and left it for hours to cool but still no luck. Any advice I how I can get LOG4OM 1 to run would be appreciated.Or is my log lost for ever?
My thanks to you all and please stay safe.
73 Glyn
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.39 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOG4OM version 1 problem opening program

Post by G4POP »

Have you checked the TASK manager and closed all instances of Log4OM?
73 Terry G4POP
OZ4MU
Novice Class

Post by OZ4MU »

I have seen this yesterday at a friends installation. (v1.41)
It was indeed running in task manager, but ending the task, waiting a few minutes, and then start V1 again, did nothing else but showing Log4OM.exe running in Task Manager. It didn't start up proper.
I can get it to run by re-installing on top of the existing installation, but as soon as you shut it down again, it does the same aka start the program and it will run in Task Manager but not start up.
Another observation is that it uses about 33% of CPU constantly, also when you do the re-installation trick and it comes up proper.
Vy 73 de OZ4MU - Thomas
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

OZ4MU wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 07:52 I have seen this yesterday at a friends installation. (v1.41)
It was indeed running in task manager, but ending the task, waiting a few minutes, and then start V1 again, did nothing else but showing Log4OM.exe running in Task Manager. It didn't start up proper.
I can get it to run by re-installing on top of the existing installation, but as soon as you shut it down again, it does the same aka start the program and it will run in Task Manager but not start up.
Another observation is that it uses about 33% of CPU constantly, also when you do the re-installation trick and it comes up proper.
When you have Log4OM V1 running (when you don't want to ;) ) as Terry noted look in Task Manager to stop Log4OM, but also be sure to stop Log4OMCommunicator.

Both of those elements running when one turns on Log4OM V1.

Sometimes Log4OM V1 has been known to close, but Log4OM Communicator continues to run.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

G4POP wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 16:43 Have you checked the TASK manager and closed all instances of Log4OM?
Dear Sir,
I thank you for your speedy reply I tried to reun the program again but no luck. I checked task manager and it showed this fault >>
Capture task manager.JPG
Capture task manager.JPG (66.02 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
If I download a new copy of LOG4OM version 1 will it correct any damaged files and save my log? Sorry to be so thick but computer programing is not my forte I just drive them hi.
Again my thanks and appreciation for your help in these testing times. 73 Glyn GW0ANA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Click on the log4om line to highlght it then click end task

Download and install the latest version of Log4om

However when you have unzipped the download file you must right click on the unzipped file and select 'run as an administrator's

Complete the install and let us know how you get on
73 Terry G4POP
OZ4MU
Novice Class

Post by OZ4MU »

In my friends case, even making sure both Log4OM & communicator is shut down makes no difference, after first shutdown (And making sure nothing Log4OM related is running) Log4OM wont startup proper.

A re-installation run as administrator makes no difference what so ever. Same scenario after Log4OM has been run once, it is not possible to get it running again.
Vy 73 de OZ4MU - Thomas
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OZ4MU wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:10 In my friends case, even making sure both Log4OM & communicator is shut down makes no difference, after first shutdown (And making sure nothing Log4OM related is running) Log4OM wont startup proper.

A re-installation run as administrator makes no difference what so ever. Same scenario after Log4OM has been run once, it is not possible to get it running again.
Sounds like a corrupt config file

Assuming the person has a backup?

I suggest that he renames the Config.xml to configOLD.xml in the C:\Users\g4poparrl.net\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder

Reinstalls Log4OM and reconfigures it from scratch including creating a new database and importing the latest ADIF backup
73 Terry G4POP
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

G4POP wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 18:24 Click on the log4om line to highlght it then click end task

Download and install the latest version of Log4om

However when you have unzipped the download file you must right click on the unzipped file and select 'run as an administrator's

Complete the install and let us know how you get on
Hello Terry, my thanks & appreciation for replying to my help request so promptly. I down loaded the new log4om version 2 it went in ok. Now I have to read the help file & your Youtube files to set up.I use JTAlert for my FT8 qso`s not sure how to make OMNIRIG Run as an administrator. Also how will I get my log back in log4om version 1 Again many thanks for reading this plea in these times of lock down. My neighbor a couple of doors away is fighting for his life and there are only 10 houses in my rural community. So me trying to get a bit of software to work must be on the back burner in the scheme of importance but I thank the log4om community for their :? help. 73 Glyn you all take care. :?
OZ4MU
Novice Class

Post by OZ4MU »

G4POP wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:44
OZ4MU wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:10 In my friends case, even making sure both Log4OM & communicator is shut down makes no difference, after first shutdown (And making sure nothing Log4OM related is running) Log4OM wont startup proper.

Sounds like a corrupt config file

Assuming the person has a backup?

I suggest that he renames the Config.xml to configOLD.xml in the C:\Users\g4poparrl.net\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder

Reinstalls Log4OM and reconfigures it from scratch including creating a new database and importing the latest ADIF backup
Thanks Terry, that is a very good idea.

I will try that, or even better get him to V2 , as that is the best way to go for the future anyway, and the work involved is nearly the same :D
Vy 73 de OZ4MU - Thomas