Map with worked grid squares

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
MM0TWX
Novice Class

Map with worked grid squares

Post by MM0TWX »

Hello forum,

I am a recent user of this fan-ta-bu-lous software. Apart from general DX-chasing, I am passionate about a niche sector of DX activity: grid chasing on HF. I would very much like to see a function that shows maps divided by grid square (IO75, for example) with the ones I worked highlighted in green. This is available, for instance, in VQ log, which is otherwise much inferior to Log4OM in terms of performance.

I know there are third party systems that do that by importing ADIF files, but it would be nice to see this integrated into this marvellous program.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

73 Pete MM0TWX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Map with worked grid squares

Post by G4POP »

Gridtracker integrates with Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
MM0TWX
Novice Class

Post by MM0TWX »

Thank you Terry, but I don't do digital modes. Gridtracker is mostly about that, as I understand. I was hoping for a simple function that marks worked grids, as read from the log, on a scalable world map.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

MM0TWX wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 17:11 Thank you Terry, but I don't do digital modes. Gridtracker is mostly about that, as I understand. I was hoping for a simple function that marks worked grids, as read from the log, on a scalable world map.
It plots grids from log4om regardless

We will at sometime add a grid display but for now we are developing the basics
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

MM0TWX wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 17:11 Thank you Terry, but I don't do digital modes. Gridtracker is mostly about that, as I understand. I was hoping for a simple function that marks worked grids, as read from the log, on a scalable world map.
BTW Gridtracker will mark you worked squares without anything to do with digital modes and without associated WSJT software, below my worked squares in Gridtracker

gridtracker.jpg
gridtracker.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 11539 times
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Pete,

if you don´t like to install Grid Tracker you may use this site for now: http://wg7j.reinalda.net/gridmapper/gridmapper.php

It accepts ADIF files up to 12 MB but if you filtering ADIF export in Log4OM by band i think the filesizes
would be o.K. WG7J writes that ADIF 2 is needed but i tested with V2 ADIF3 data and it works fine too.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.