Cluster Scanner

k5yvy
Novice Class

Cluster Scanner

Post by k5yvy »

I find that I actually miss having the Cluster scanner option, where you can see spotted stations in 5khz steps or so from your current frequency. Would like to see that feature again if possible.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Scanner

Post by KD0ZV »

From my understanding its been replaced with Bandmap.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I concur with K5YVY - I miss the Cluster Scanner. The Band Map is way too busy.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.38 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Post by PE5TT »

The former clusterscanner would be filled also now due to the ARRL Inter. DX Contest CW.
cw.png
cw.png (19.26 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
The -10KHz does not even fit in the box.
73 Marcel de PE5TT www.daverveld.eu
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Yes but I find it much more useful. As a matter of fact, I ran the V1 Cluster scanner during the contest because the V2 Band Map was not useful with so much activity. In your image, it tells me the four spotted stations that were on freq. With the band map I guarantee you would not have been able to determine that. The green lines would be a blob and un-follow-able.

In my image, quick, tell me the four closest stations!
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

If it would zoom in further, follow the radio and retain the settings from previous use it would be fine.

That said my use is not really for contest as N1MM bandmap would be better suited for the task.

During the contest I ran N1MM to work the band and kept Log4OM filtered to CW and only new ones. So if a new country popped up on any band, I would switch bands.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Fully zoomed in on the new Bandmap centered on 7.190.9. The station is VP5M.
The old Cluster Scanner is also shown and again I maintain that it is way more useful. The Bandmap is showing lots of stations higher in frequency but not below. (I do note that different clusters are in use between the V1 and V2 but the spots are above the same). Trying to follow those green lines is not fast.

Please bring back the V1 Cluster Scanner!

Question: The User Manual says: "Multiple Cluster viewer band maps by band and mode". How do I select Mode?

Thanks for Log4OM,
Mike

FWIW: The Connect->"Band map" menu opens a window called "Cluster Vew". Names should be consistent throughout the s/w package. Buttons/menu items should match window titles.

Log4OM: 2.4.0.0
Manual: Updated: 06/03/2020 1:54 PM
CAT: OmniRig
Rig: FTdx3000
w9nz
Novice Class

Post by w9nz »

Please, please bring back the Cluster Scanner that was in version 1. It would be nice if the calls would be color coded for not worked, worked before etc. The band map, although it seems like a good idea is was too cluttered and not very useable.

Thanks,
Ray Mikula
W9NZ
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

wa9zvf wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 23:01 Please, please bring back the Cluster Scanner that was in version 1. It would be nice if the calls would be color coded for not worked, worked before etc. The band map, although it seems like a good idea is was too cluttered and not very useable.

Thanks,
Ray Mikula
W9NZ
Hello R$ay,

During V1 I always looked forward to "Band Mpa", however the way the Band Map shows the information, I also request the inclusion of the V1 "Cluster Scanner" and as you say: "color coded for not worked, worked before etc.
The Band Map is a VERY good idea but as it is too cluttered it is not so clear to consult information.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

There were so many of you that complained about the V1 cluster scanner and requested/demanded band maps that we did as requested and included them in V2

So we're dammed if we do and dammed if we don't!

Have any of you substituted Bandmmap from Afreet/Omnirig If you don't like our band maps!
73 Terry G4POP