Problem with WAS award in Ver 2

General discussions V2
N9LQ
Novice Class

Problem with WAS award in Ver 2

Post by N9LQ »

I am a long time user of Log4OM, but quite new to Log4OM 2. My issue: When I choose WAS as the Award in the Award Statistics window, I have a problem with 30m. My LOTW confirmed QSO with Hawaii is not being shown or counted. I had all 50 states confirmed on 30m in Ver 1, but after loading the data into Ver 2, this QSO no longer counts for Hawaii. I double checked the QSO and confirmed that the country was set to Hawaii, and the State is also set to Hawaii. If I type the call back in to the main window, in the Worked before tab, the State appears as HI. A possible clue is that if I look in the Statistics window (as opposed to the Award Statistics window) and select LOTW, the QSO is highlighted in green as I expect it to be. The call is an odd one for Hawaii, K2GT, but i am not sure if this is relevant to the issue. I am out of ideas on how to correct this. Can anyone help with this one? Thanks! 73, Joel N9LQ
73, Joel N9LQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem with WAS award in Ver 2

Post by G4POP »

Which version of Log4OM are you using - see Help/About?

Was the QSO manually entered in V2?

Imported from Log4OM V1?

Originate from a WSJT program?

Received from a contest logger like N1MM?

I have just tested with that call sign and it works OK so its something to do with your data or set up but I cant go further until I have the answers.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.71 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
73 Terry G4POP
N9LQ
Novice Class

Post by N9LQ »

Hi Terry,
I am on Ver 2.5.0.0
I exported about 35k QSO's from Ver 1, and then imported them into Ver 2.
The contact with K2GT was an FT8 contact, so was logged into Log4OM via WSJT and JT-Alert.
N1MM was not involved with this QSO.

Another bit of info that may help...I have another 30m Hawaii QSO which is on CW, but not confirmed. It shows up in the statistics window ok, but also does not show up in the Award Statistics window.

Also, neither of these Q's show up in the Award statistics window as a greyed out box with the W inside to indicate worked, but not confirmed. The box is just white. I have attached a picture.

Thanks for any help you can provide. 73, Joel
WAS issue 30m HI.JPG
WAS issue 30m HI.JPG (156.05 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
WAS issue 30m HI 2.JPG
WAS issue 30m HI 2.JPG (39.35 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
73, Joel N9LQ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Joel,

Consider going to the Maintenance Tab (when viewing the WAS Award Statistics) and click on 'wipe award references' and then click on 'rescan award references'.

That maintenance routine may bring things back into order for you.

I've had to do that and it got things aligned for me.

Be sure to first make a fresh back up of your ADIF log and files.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N9LQ
Novice Class

Post by N9LQ »

Hi Nolan,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been a bit apprehensive to do that because of the warning message, but sounds like that may need to be the next step.
I remember reading that the WAS award is based only on what is in the State field. So am I correct in assuming that warning message would not really apply to the WAS award? As long as the State field is correct, the Award statistics should rebuild correctly? 73, Joel
73, Joel N9LQ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

N9LQ wrote: 12 May 2020, 18:12 Hi Nolan,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been a bit apprehensive to do that because of the warning message, but sounds like that may need to be the next step.
I remember reading that the WAS award is based only on what is in the State field. So am I correct in assuming that warning message would not really apply to the WAS award? As long as the State field is correct, the Award statistics should rebuild correctly? 73, Joel
Yes. Daniele did a lot of work to correct the huge variance in how so many sources report the "state". You would be amazed at the programming he had to do to accommodate all those anomalies. We're hopeful we have most of the bases covered, but Murphy is a live and well.

I ran the routine a number of times on my log file for the WAS as part of testing and it fixed many hiccups.

USA-CA is another one. Not all states have "counties", yet all the states are in the county-hunters list.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N9LQ
Novice Class

Post by N9LQ »

OK, I did the Wipe and then the Rescan for WAS, and it worked great. Everything matches what I was expecting to see. Thanks for your help with this issue.
I am looking forward to learning how to fully utilize Ver2. So far I really like what I see. Congratulations and Thank You to the development team! 73, Joel N9LQ
73, Joel N9LQ