Contests Again

GM8MJV
Novice Class

Contests Again

Post by GM8MJV »

Couple of more things on contests.

Set a contest, make sure dates (note date format is MM/DD/YYY - why? - all other dates are correct DD/MM/YY) are current - save it.

Into Contest mode - 'Contest mode disabled' is displayed, 'Grid Disable' is displayed - why. How to enable?

I cant see where to enter report received e.g. 54 00x, can't see where it shows serial number being sent - Help shows it at top of screen - not visible here.

Some contests need to record postcode/comments - can't see field for that either.

Still unable to add a new contest or edit an existing one.

Would you recommend we stick with V1 if doing contests?

Tom - GM8MJV
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Contests Again

Post by KI5IO »

GM8MJV wrote: 16 May 2020, 20:05 Couple of more things on contests.

Set a contest, make sure dates (note date format is MM/DD/YYY - why? - all other dates are correct DD/MM/YY) are current - save it.

Into Contest mode - 'Contest mode disabled' is displayed, 'Grid Disable' is displayed - why. How to enable?

I cant see where to enter report received e.g. 54 00x, can't see where it shows serial number being sent - Help shows it at top of screen - not visible here.

Some contests need to record postcode/comments - can't see field for that either.

Still unable to add a new contest or edit an existing one.

Would you recommend we stick with V1 if doing contests?

Tom - GM8MJV
Tom,

Date format you have noted is likely coming from your PC's O/S. All dates/times in Log4OM V2 are driven by what is set in your PC's O/S.

I'm going to be bold and assume that you have downloaded the most current version of Log4OM that is V 2.6.1.0 .... And that you have also down a force download of the "current" User Guide.

If you have and have done a search in the "current" UG you will find some very good information on Page 66 of that document going into depth with the Contest Mode.

I'm guessing that many of your questions can be answered there, but if not do not hesitate to explain with detail your hiccups.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
GM8MJV
Novice Class

Post by GM8MJV »

Hello Nolan

yes running version 2.6.1.0 and yes have forced the new manual.

Issues:
  • How to add a new contest? - V1 had an option on settings - can't see it on V2 and the only 'text' type file is contests.csv and editing that makes no different.
  • In my case, all dates use 'Regional settings' (DD/MM/YYYY) except Contest -> Contest Settings - Here it is different MM/DD/YYYY
  • I set a contest (as per help manual) save it and select the little 'Crown', screen changes and it displays in red 'CONTEST MODE DISABLED' - along with 'GRID DISABLED' in red. I can't see sent/received serials numbers - the space on screen is empty - where help shows the details.
I suspect if I could 'Enable' contest mode I would see it and get a bit further. Yes I have checked the contest dates selected cover today.

Regards
Tom
GM8MJV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

GM8MJV wrote: 17 May 2020, 10:08 Issues:
  • How to add a new contest? - V1 had an option on settings - can't see it on V2 and the only 'text' type file is contests.csv and editing that makes no different.
I have just checked this and you are correct so we will look into it

• In my case, all dates use 'Regional settings' (DD/MM/YYYY) except Contest -> Contest Settings - Here it is different MM/DD/YYYY

The date format follows your windows settings, however the ADIF export conforms with the ADIF Date requirement

• I set a contest (as per help manual) save it and select the little 'Crown', screen changes and it displays in red 'CONTEST MODE DISABLED' - along with 'GRID DISABLED' in red. I can't see sent/received serials numbers - the space on screen is empty - where help shows the details.
I suspect if I could 'Enable' contest mode I would see it and get a bit further. Yes I have checked the contest dates selected cover today.
Click the crown in the contest window a second time, I have checked and it is functioning properly. To exit contest mode click the crown again, its a toggle action
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Tom,
It does work if you add a contest to the contest.csv!

You probably made the same error as me, you must use a semi-colon between the title and group not a colon.

EG it must be like this

G4POP Special worked all wally's contest;G4POP Award

I will document this better in the user guide, hope this helps you
73 Terry G4POP
GM8MJV
Novice Class

Post by GM8MJV »

Terry

Ok on the adding the edit option - I did use the ; as you mentioned and yes it worked fine - thanks for checking.

Ok on the toggle Contest off/on - Yes double clicking does cause it work.

However, I will have to disagree with you over date format - Select Menu -> Contest -> Contest Settings
The default date shown is: 5 /1/2002 .... 6/28/2030 - Yes I have checked Regional settings, yes the dates for start/end QSO are correct 18/05/2020, recent QSO's are OK date wise. I have not drilled down into ADIF or other options - just the contest dates and QSO dates - they differ.

Regards

Tom