Station Information

General discussions V2
M0PYU
Novice Class

Station Information

Post by M0PYU »

Hi, I've upgraded my software to the latest version and see that some of the old features have returned which i am pleased about, so thank you for that. I have found and read the user guide for the new Station Information Set up and have configured my radios and antenna for the correct bands of operation, however when using wsjt-x and jtalert (logging via Jtalert) the radio and antenna do not correspond to what has been configured for that band. Is this not possible at this time or have i not set it up correctly??

Love the program, using since 2017 and v2 was a step forward for me. Keep up the good work. 73
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Station Information

Post by G4POP »

No you have not missed a setting because the incoming data from external sources will only be updated with the default station information and aerial
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Darren (I had to look up your name on QRZ as you dont sign your name!)

I have now spent some time testing to try to find why you have an issue and there are a couple of possibilities

1. If your not using Omnirig in both programs then Log4OM has no band information to work on

So it could be that your connecting to your radio direct with WSJT so that when a band is changed in WSJT Log4OM does not know so cant set the band and therefore the aerial.

Cure: Set up according to the Log4OM user guide using Omnirig and WSJT etc

2. Did you understand that the Radio does not change according to band automatically? you need to select the radio being used, its only the aerial that changes for a chosen radio according to the band shown in Log4OM

I logged a few QSO's and the radio and aerial information was correctly recorded, but remember I selected the radio being used in each case!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (66.92 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
73 Terry G4POP
M0PYU
Novice Class

Post by M0PYU »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for looking into this for me, I run 2 instants of each Jtalert and WSJT-X, one for my IC-9700 and one For IC-7700 so i can run ft-8 on both at the same time, logging works great (expect for radio/antenna used), all using omnirig, the logbook is connected to both radios (rig1 and rig2) no problems. I would of thought with the band being logged it might log the correct (default) radio/antenna for the band set in station Information automatically.

update... I've just tryed logging on 20m band and 80m band on same radio, the antenna logged as cobweb not two different antennas, so this appears not to work. my conclusion is I've got something wrong. I have including Picture Below of Station Information settings.

Regards - Darren
Attachments
logbook2.jpg
logbook2.jpg (124.62 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
M0PYU
Novice Class

Post by M0PYU »

After another play and re-reading the user guide, I now have the antenna logging correctly for the band i'm using. It was my mistake as you probably seen from the above screen shot, I had not selected the default antennas correctly.

Just a Shame it doesn't log the correct radio for the band, as I switch between both HF and VHF, but for now i'll have to remember to switch the radio manually before it logs.

Many Thanks for all your help and keep up the hard work, it is very much appreciated.

73 - Darren
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Daren,
You dont have any default bands set for your aerials You need to right click on the relevant bands and set as default, the band will then be highlighted in green as shown in our user guide and the image below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (120.94 KiB) Viewed 2668 times

In my setup for my default radio the IC7300 it automatically selects.................

The doublet for 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, 80 and 160M

My HB9CV for 4m

A 60m EFHW for 60m

And finally a dipole for 6m

But note I can also use the doublet on 60m but it has to be selected manually because its not set as default
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just a Shame it doesn't log the correct radio for the band, as I switch between both HF and VHF, but for now i'll have to remember to switch the radio manually before it logs.
In a future release we may tie the radios to the selected rig but at this time we are still evolving V2
73 Terry G4POP
M0PYU
Novice Class

Post by M0PYU »

Thanks again Terry.

You and the Log4OM team are doing a fine job, looking forward to any further improvements.