Voice keyer

pa3adu
Advanced Class

Voice keyer

Post by pa3adu »

Searched the forum and found hams having similar problems but I could not find a solution.

LOG4OM ver. 2.6.1.0
TRX1 = FTdx1200
TRX2 = FT 1000MP

Recorded a meassage and replayed via int. PC speakers, this works fine.
On replay (CNTR. + F1) and selected the USB codec soundcard that I am using for digital modes (USB Interface III from Microham) as the output, the TRX is not responding in the USB mode.

Problem:
The USB Codec is connected at the rear audio connection of the TRX. At the menu of my FTdx1200, I can select "FRONT / DATA" to swich between the front and rear audo (mic) input. When selected the "DATA" option, the replayed audio gets at the TRX modulator and the transmitter sends the recorder meassage (in the selected USB mode). In that case, I can not use the microphone (which is connected at the front connector).
When the "FRONT" option is selected, the microphone is working but the recorded audio is not played back. This is (I think) that the USB Codec is not connected to the TRX modulator.

Question:
How can I set up my TRX so that both the USB codec is reconnised as well as the front mic input.

Similar issue with my FT 1000MP but I do not know how to switch between the rear and front. Both TRX work fine with the digital modes using FLdigi.

Or, do I have to reconfigure LOG4OM?

Any suggetions?

73, Nico / PA3ADU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Voice keyer

Post by G4POP »

No there is nothing else to configure in Log4om but I think this might be the same Yaesu thing we had years ago with the FT857 where there was a y lead for the Mic socket required and a change of menu setting.

I really can't advise having not owned a Yaesu for years so probably your best source of info is a Yaesu forum
73 Terry G4POP
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Post by pa3adu »

Thank you Terry, I will search further for the answer.

73, Nico PA3ADU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No problem just sorry I can't help
73 Terry G4POP