Some ideas...

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Some ideas...

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
Some ideas to think about...

1- Remember QRG button:
Sometimes we are listening an interesting qso but if we receive in cluster a call to whom we need to contact, we double click and the transceiver goes into the frequency in order we can make the contact. After de contact, if we want to go back into the frequency we were before, it would be nice to have a "Remember Frequency button"; clicking on it we come back to the last frequency we were before.

2 - Cluster Scrolling - temporarily suspend incoming spots
When we are looking to specific information within Cluster lines, if there is spots entering it is dificult, because of lines jump. It would be nice, while we have mouse pressed (during the search), it suspends temporarily the incoming spots, and when we release the mouse, it works normally, without loosing the calls that had entered while we have mouse pressed.

3 - Cluster:
Let's have a look into the code colours in highlights, we have:
White = Confirmed/Worked in the same band
Green = Confirmed/Worked in other band
Red = Country not worked or confirmed -> Perfect it shows a real "new one" no doubt at all.
Meanwhile the white and green colour is not so clear, we can have a better information if we introduce a third colour - for example yellow - , we can distinguish what is confirmed, and what is worked. That way we could have green for confirmed, the yellow for Worked. With one more colour we have more information in cluster.

Just as an example permit me to refer to Logic, my last logbook, it has an interesting approach, it shows in red what we need, if we need the entity in the announced band, than the Band field is in red, however if we need only in the announced mode it shows red only in Mode field, in case both fields are in red, we know that we need this call in this band/mode.

Best regards to all.
73 Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Some ideas...

Post by G4POP »

CT1BXX wrote: 1- Remember QRG button:
Sometimes we are listening an interesting qso but if we receive in cluster a call to whom we need to contact, we double click and the transceiver goes into the frequency in order we can make the contact. After de contact, if we want to go back into the frequency we were before, it would be nice to have a "Remember Frequency button"; clicking on it we come back to the last frequency we were before.
We plan to make a single click on spot activate lookup without freq and mode change with double click working as is now
2 - Cluster Scrolling - temporarily suspend incoming spots
When we are looking to specific information within Cluster lines, if there is spots entering it is dificult, because of lines jump. It would be nice, while we have mouse pressed (during the search), it suspends temporarily the incoming spots, and when we release the mouse, it works normally, without loosing the calls that had entered while we have mouse pressed
Will think about this, personally I don't have that issue because I filter unwanted spots reported from distant spotters and just accept spots that are reported from the UK - I don't care what some guy in Australia is hearing because I won't be able to work that station anyway - This reduces the flow of spots dramatically
3 - Cluster:
Let's have a look into the code colours in highlights, we have:
White = Confirmed/Worked in the same band
Green = Confirmed/Worked in other band
Red = Country not worked or confirmed -> Perfect it shows a real "new one" no doubt at all.
Meanwhile the white and green colour is not so clear, we can have a better information if we introduce a third colour - for example yellow - , we can distinguish what is confirmed, and what is worked. That way we could have green for confirmed, the yellow for Worked. With one more colour we have more information in cluster.
Already under consideration

73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

G4POP wrote:
CT1BXX wrote: 1- Remember QRG button:
Sometimes we are listening an interesting qso but if we receive in cluster a call to whom we need to contact, we double click and the transceiver goes into the frequency in order we can make the contact. After de contact, if we want to go back into the frequency we were before, it would be nice to have a "Remember Frequency button"; clicking on it we come back to the last frequency we were before
G4POP wrote: We plan to make a single click on spot activate lookup without freq and mode change with double click working as is now
Hi Terry,
I am afraid I have not been very clear in point 1. :oops:
At present it already works the way you told, "a single click on spot activate lookup without freq and mode change..." .

What I mean is different: is the possibility to come back to the previous frequency.

Example: you are on 14.200, than, you go 21.260 to make a qso there, after the qso you want ot come again to 14.200, in stead of change the frequency on radio, if we have a button, that keeps the last frequency, so with a click on that button it makes radio go into 14.200.
Some transceivers has this function under the name of "QuickMem"

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

At present it already works the way you told, "a single click on spot activate lookup without freq and mode change..." .
I don't know how you have single click lookup without freq and mode change because I have not got that, even on the latest Alpha release?
What I mean is different: is the possibility to come back to the previous frequency.

Example: you are on 14.200, than, you go 21.260 to make a qso there, after the qso you want ot come again to 14.200, in stead of change the frequency on radio, if we have a button, that keeps the last frequency, so with a click on that button it makes radio go into 14.200.
Some transceivers has this function under the name of "QuickMem"
No I did not understand this, I will add this to Mantis

73 Terry G4POP