LoTW won't upload after update to 2.7.0.0

General discussions V2
NR9Q
Novice Class

LoTW won't upload after update to 2.7.0.0

Post by NR9Q »

Good evening,

Log won't upload to LoTW upon closing Log4OM 2. All other services are uploading QSO's upon logging. I have selected upload flag REQUESTED and NO. NO is what matches the log LoTW sent status in my log. When this is selected the exit slash screen freezes and does not close out all the way. If I leave upload flag at requested, everything closes just fine. The log does not upload though. I have TQSL updated and had restarted the computer after the recent updates. I will try to post a picture of my configuration screen with this message. Not sure where to go with it at this point. 73
Log4OM 2 LoTW.JPG
Log4OM 2 LoTW.JPG (96.74 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
Thanks,
Chris - NR9Q
NR9Q
Novice Class

Re: LoTW won't upload after update to 2.7.0.0

Post by NR9Q »

Here is what it looks like when the closing slash screen freezes on close. This only happens when upload flag box is checked in the Program Configuration > External Services > LOTW > upload flag is checked NO.
Log4OM 2 LoTW 2.JPG
Log4OM 2 LoTW 2.JPG (31.85 KiB) Viewed 4758 times
Chris, NR9Q
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Chris,

Take a look at this thread about similar "freeze" when doing the LOTW "auto-upload". Go down the thread a bit to the OM who noted CQ and ITU zone values changed.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5594
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NR9Q
Novice Class

Post by NR9Q »

SOLVED

Nolan,

Thanks so much for that link. I did some looking around, but missed this one. It seems I have had the county field wrong since January. Per your link you provided, I checked my CQ and ITU zones in Log4OM 2 and they were matching my TQSL certificate. I exported my recent contacts from my log to ADIF and manually tried to sign them in TQSL. This is when the problem was easier to see. Once I noticed I had county and country were both populated with United States, I just went and changed my configuration in Log4OM 2 correcting the county. Changing the one wrong data field in my for all contacts, all the way back to January was made really easy by going to [ Utilities > QSO Manager > Search QSO (date range) > Update Single Field]. This made fixing the problem I created so easy.

Thanks for pointing out this post. Not sure how long this could have taken me to find. I went ahead and wrote about my issue in some detail in hopes this will help someone else. 73

Chris, NR9Q
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

NR9Q wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 13:17 SOLVED

Nolan,

Thanks so much for that link. I did some looking around, but missed this one. It seems I have had the county field wrong since January. Per your link you provided, I checked my CQ and ITU zones in Log4OM 2 and they were matching my TQSL certificate. I exported my recent contacts from my log to ADIF and manually tried to sign them in TQSL. This is when the problem was easier to see. Once I noticed I had county and country were both populated with United States, I just went and changed my configuration in Log4OM 2 correcting the county. Changing the one wrong data field in my for all contacts, all the way back to January was made really easy by going to [ Utilities > QSO Manager > Search QSO (date range) > Update Single Field]. This made fixing the problem I created so easy.

Thanks for pointing out this post. Not sure how long this could have taken me to find. I went ahead and wrote about my issue in some detail in hopes this will help someone else. 73

Chris, NR9Q
Chris,

Tnx for the update and very glad it has worked out for you.

Tnx for using Log4OM V2 ...

Stay tuned for the next update that will have a new feature that will knock your socks off. Danielle teased it on the Log4OM V2 FB thread the other day.
Plano, TX
g4rwi
Novice Class

Post by g4rwi »

Hi

I have they same issue and have followed the advice in the earlier posts but so far the issue remains. When I do a manual upload using TSQL it does warn me that there are QSO's that have been uploaded, but once I say "Ignore" it proceeds OK. Could it be that Lg4OM2 is getting the same message and getting stuck? I also get the error message that TSQL cannot be run as administrator (when LOG4OM2 is doing the upload). I am having to run LOg4OM2 as administrator as I am also using Omnirig. TQSL is not set to run as administrator

Cheers in advance for any help

Nigel
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

nigelspear wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 14:04 Hi

I have they same issue and have followed the advice in the earlier posts but so far the issue remains. When I do a manual upload using TSQL it does warn me that there are QSO's that have been uploaded, but once I say "Ignore" it proceeds OK. Could it be that Lg4OM2 is getting the same message and getting stuck? I also get the error message that TSQL cannot be run as administrator (when LOG4OM2 is doing the upload). I am having to run LOg4OM2 as administrator as I am also using Omnirig. TQSL is not set to run as administrator

Cheers in advance for any help

Nigel
Nigel,

The only time you need to run certain APPs with Admin Priviledges is when you are using OmniRig and needing its use of what is called "multi-threading". That is where multiple APPs also use the OmniRig CAT function at the same time.

That being said if you are using WSJTx or JTDX for digital operating and have Log4OM V2 running for logging and also use OmniRig for the CAT connection then OmniRig, Log4OM V2 and whichever of the digital APPs you use will need to be run with Admin Priviledges.

If you happen to use JTAlert between WSJTx or JTDX and Log4OM V2 it does "not" need to run with Admin Priviledges.

Using the LOTW TQSL has nothing to do with OmniRig CAT services and does not need to be run with Admin Priviledges.

Double-check your CQ and ITU zone settings as well as country setting in your Log4OM V2 Configuration.

If you are getting the "already uploaded" message from TQSL then you don't need to try to duplicate the upload.

A release or two ago TQSL set some parameters that messed up some values related to zones, countries, states. They then offered a tic box to shut some validation off and then shortly after that they updated with yet another fresh TQSL.

The current release of TQSL is: 2.5.4

For the Q's in your record that didn't get their sent flag reset you can adjust manually in Log4OM V2.

But ... make sure you are suing most current TQSL and review your configuration settings for you QTH.

If using JTAlert do you have any tic box checked that changes the sent status in the saved QSL from JTAlert? That will over-write what you might have set in Log4OM V2 Configuration / Confirmation.
Plano, TX
g4rwi
Novice Class

Post by g4rwi »

Nolan, Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I'll go through your suggestions

1. Admin priviledges - I am using WSJTX plus other software so need the multi threading. Guess Im stuck with that problem then?
2. TSQL - Im on version 2.5.4
3.Country, CQ and Zone settings
country settings LG4M.JPG
country settings LG4M.JPG (22.3 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
country settings TSQL.JPG
country settings TSQL.JPG (31.83 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
I am not running JTalert
error.JPG
error.JPG (38.94 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
If I select the first option, LOG4OM2 quits nicely but nothing is uploaded to LOTW
The other two options LOG4OM2 hangs for ever, and nothing is uploaded to LOTW

Incidentally Ive just updated LOG4OM to 2.8 but same issue

Hopefully this will help others with similar problems

regards

Nigel
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

nigelspear wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 13:38

Incidentally Ive just updated LOG4OM to 2.8 but same issue

Hopefully this will help others with similar problems

regards

Hi ????
This is where you need your LOTW settings!

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (140.35 KiB) Viewed 4612 times
Nigel
73 Terry G4POP
M0QVE
Novice Class

Post by M0QVE »

Sorry i have been looking a lot for that isssue here and ... since 2.7 version, the qsl for lotw and eqsl uploads dont work for me and i didn't changed anything. i was hoping that version 2.8 will resolve the problem, but no...
ok i cannot upload qsl to as above and i cannot tell about other sources as i am not using it. but it looks like qso logged on Lod4om is uploading it self ok, but imported adif (from wsjt-x ) is as ''requested'' or ''no'' in the log book, but in qsl pqge i cannot select it as it is coming up as blank when i choose select required. there is nothing but in my logbook is seen as requested or no. I am sorry i tried follow info about zones and all looks correct then since i installed 2.7 it stop working i tried 2.8 still the sane and returned to 2.6 version and unfo. dont work anymore. Please help