Log4OM offline

G4DWV
Old Man

Log4OM offline

Post by G4DWV »

I am using Omni-rig and the only way that Log4OM seems to become online is if it loads Omnirig itself. I prefer to start Omnirig manually. How can I force Log4OM to go online. The CAT light is green.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM offline

Post by DF5WW »

Have you tried "Start CAT" in the "Connect" Tab ? That should start Omnirig if it´s not started by Log4OM.
Does not make sense to open Omnirig in the Omnirig folder or via Icon. It only opens the transceiver
setup of Omnirig, the main software runs in the background and is not visible except in Task Manager of
Windows.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

I have tried all of those suggestions without success.
I like to have Omni-rig running all the time as if I come across a problem, it has often been related to omni-rig having closed without my realising it.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Never have had this elswhere in the past. Are you using the latest original Omnirig from Afreet Software
and die you run it as administrator ?

Or are you using the, so called, Omnirig 2 whitch is modified by an HB9 programmer ? This one causing
problems when operating with Log4OM. It´s the one that supports 4 transceivers ....
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Funnily enough, I pressed start CAT when Omni-rig was running and Log4OM started showing the rig's frequency. Thanks for getting me on the right track. Would this be considered a bug that needs attention?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you check autostart in program configuration/CAT?
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,
Yes I did. I do not want to have to start Omnirig0 0mby loading Log4OM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 22:41 Hi Terry,
Yes I did. I do not want to have to start Omnirig0 0mby loading Log4OM
Other programs you use that employ Omnirig should start it for you

Cant understand why your having so many issue with using Omnirig when we dont get these complaints from other users!

What exactly are you trying to do with what software and why? Flow charts and setup diagrams would help.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,
I am getting many fewer issues these days.
Log4OM still logs even if there is an 'offline' showing. It is just when troubleshooting, I notice that Omnirig has been closed. Speaking to the developer, I have a way to manually load and unload Omnirig, though some software still tries to be 'helpful' and unload it. In that case I can see that the taskbar icon has gone.
The order in which I load my programs seems to have a bearing on the success with Omnirig.
Omnirig and I are friends now. My issues are more likely to be summed up as "if it is still working, I have not tweaked it enough".
Take care and keep safe.
K2AWS
New user

Post by K2AWS »

Good evening. Related to this thread about OmniRIg, I am running an SDR with an upconverter along with my Icom IC-756. The one SDR program that seems to work for me is HDSDR. However, HDSDR wants OmniRIg 2.1 (MultiRig) to synch operating frequency with the transceiver. I had Log4OM working fine with my IC-756 using OmniRig 1.19; that took only a few minutes. After a day of going back and forth with different SDR software programs and getting everything working between HDSDR, OmniRIg 2.1 and the IC-756, I can no longer synch frequency between Log4OM and the transceiver when HDSDR is running. Am I out of luck? Will I be forced to choose between HDSDR and Log4OM? Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by K2AWS on 05 Sep 2020, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.