MAin window disappears after start up

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

MAin window disappears after start up

Post by WA9WSJ »

Hello All,

My log4OM program just started disappearing upon start up. The task manager says it's running but something is wrong. It's not in the tray and the program that runs in the background which links it to the ft8 and jtalert is not running. If I try to restart it, I get a warning that it is already running.

I've rebooted but to no avail.

Any ideas to what has happened? How do I get it back?

Thanks,

Tom wa9wsj
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: MAin window disappears after start up

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried a fresh install?
73 Terry G4POP
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Post by WA9WSJ »

No I have not, yet. I was hoping to learn if there was anything I could do prior to that.
Since this may be my only option, my concern now turns to the saved log files. My first thought is to copy them elsewhere so they are not written over from a new install. I can't help think that there are other config files I might want to also save, right?
Once I do the new install, can I just move the old files into the directory and overwrite the new ones that the install makes?

Thanks for your help!

73 Tom
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you are saving backups in Log4OM the logbook and configuration will be automatically saved every time you close Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Post by WA9WSJ »

I finally got some time to work on this again and decided to reload the program.
I began to load it and stopped it thinking I grabbed the wrong, (not current), version.
At that point I tried restarting the existing version just for the heck of it and it cooperated worked like it should.
So, until it acts up again, I'm leaving well enough alone.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Tom